Chains

'Please work, please work' I thought as I lowered her body into the pit. I has managed to get past Grandfather's guards and so far nobody knew I was here.

A rattling of chains was heard and she dropped into the pit. I looked to it hopefully, waiting for her to climb out.

There was a loud gasp followed by a scream, then I saw Y/N's face above the pool. Her eyes were wide with terror and confusion and her screams were high pitched. She climbed out toward me as her screams stopped, then she attacked me against a wall.

"You." She shouted.

I looked at her, taking in her appearance. She looked the same, but she had a O/H/C (opposite hair colour) streak at the front of her H/C hair.

She held me in a tight grip against the wall, but I didn't try to get out, there was no point.

"You killed me! Why are we here?"

"Y/N, Y/N L/N. Do you remember anything?"

"I remember that I was assigned to kill you, and you kill me!" She shouted, angrily.

Great, she didn't remember about her staying with me, or the cookies, or our entire days of video games. I revived her as who she was before me. Before us.

"N/N, you don't... Remember me?" It came out as more of a squeak. I had pulled down the shield of my emotions. Once I had noticed, I left it down. I wanted to tell her how I felt. How I really felt.

"Of course I remember you! You're Ra's Al Ghul's grandson who I've been told to kill!"

"Okay, I get it, you were assigned to kill me. But you don't remember anything after that? You don't remember staying at Wayne Manor? You don't remember staying awake all night off Drake's coffee?"

"I don't...I- I do."

I watched her release her grip on me and embrace me in a tight hug.

"I'm... Im so sorry!" She says.

"I'm the one who's sorry. I can't be forgiven."

"Damian, I've committed a crime punishable by death, and I'm sorry that I forgot you."

"Y/N, do you remember just before you died? Do you remember when I told you... That I love you?"

She nodded her head and pulled away from me. Our faces were so close together I could feel her hot breath on my face, so I closed the gap and my lips connected with her soft ones. She tilted sideways a little. I opened my mouth and swiped my tongue across her bottom lip, and she parted them slightly. I reached the small pink muscle into her mouth and found every small crevice and area of her mouth. I noticed I was running out of oxygen, so I pulled away to breathe.

"Damian, I love you too, and I don't want to be part of this anymore."

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, because I'll always be here for you."