Chapter 4 - A Walk In The Park

[ Chapter 4 - A Walk In The Park ]

One day, during our sixth year, Harry and I were walking through the corridors during the Easter Holidays.

We were talking about studies, Quidditch, Muggles, anything actually.

"Calli, have you talked to your brother recently?"

I looked at him, eyebrow raised. "No. Why?"

"It's just that," he hesitated. "He's been going into the Room of Requirement lately."

"What's the problem with that?"

"It's just... suspicious."

"And.. how is it suspicious?"

"Oh come on, Calli. Can't you just ask him?" He begged.

"You expect me to write him a letter, asking, 'Draco, why have you been in the Room of Requirement?'" I asked him dubiously.

"Yes."

"You do realise some Death Eater will probably kill the owl before it even reaches Draco?" I sighed. 

"Oh, right. I almost forgot." Harry said sheepishly. "Sorry."

Then I remembered something.

"Harry."

"Calli." He answered.

"I remember you telling me last year that you like a particular someone." I paused. "You told me to figure it out. I think I know who it is. Is it Draco?"

He stared at me in surprise for a few moments. "Am I really that obvious?"

"You're obsessed with him this year, Harry. Obsessed."

He flushed, but tried to keep a calm tone. "Congratulations, you're correct. Don't worry, it's just a simple crush. I don't think you would want me as your brother-in-law." Harry said and walked ahead of me.

"I mean, I'm not against it." I said slowly.

He turned around and looked at me with a frown. "He doesn't like me back, Calli. It will probably never happen."

I smiled at him. "I know things you don't, Harry. He's my brother. You'll see, one day."

~~~~~~~

"And how did it go?" I asked Harry. "Are you two together now? Or..?"

"No, actually." Harry said, a bright smile on his face. "We decided to get to know each other better first, work our way up from friends then maybe to lovers if we both agree."

"Lovers." I giggled. "Both of you are so cute." 

"He is, yeah." Harry smiled at Draco.

Draco who was sitting next to him reddened considerably.

"Adorable." I repeated. "I should've gotten both of you together earlier."

"Earlier?" Harry asked, a confused look on his face. "How early are we talking about?"

I glanced at Draco, who was now looking extremely horrified. "Calli, don't you dare-"

"It was love at first sight for him, the moment he saw you at Madam Malkin's." I said over Draco's protests. "What is it that you said, Draco? Ah, I believe it was 'did you see his eyes? they were so pretty-"

"Calli!"

"No, no, go on, Calli. What's this about my eyes that he said?" Harry smiled cheekily at Draco, who dropped his head into his head with a groan.

If you said that Draco was a blushing and stuttering mess afterwards, then you are definitely a Seer.

I walked in the park with Draco soon afterwards. Sadly, Harry couldn't stay long, and said that he had to meet some important high-up people. He did give Draco a quick hug and a promise to write and arrange dates.

I pretended to not have heard that since Draco blushed even more.

"How did you know that he liked me back?"

"What?"

Draco shifted on the balls of his feet. "I know you wouldn't have told me to talk to him if he didn't like me."

"He told me himself." I decided to tell the truth, waving him over to sit under the shade of a tree. "Well, more like he told me to guess, and I guessed correctly."

"Does nothing get past you?" 

I stared at him. "You both were the most obvious lovesick idiots in Hogwarts. For Merlin's sake, there was a betting pool about you."

"Wait, hold on, a betting pool?" Draco now looked mortified. "People were betting on us? Two people who hated each other to bits?"

"I mean, I wouldn't use the word hate." I mused, trying to keep a straight face. "You know how there's that thing that people say, that if a boy pulls on a girl's pigtails he likes her? I, and along with quite a number of people think that's the situation that both of you are in."

"What?!" 

"The look on your face." I snickered. "I told you that it was obvious that both of you were obsessed with each other."

"It wasn't that obvious!"

"It was!" 

"It was not!"

"It so was! Merlin, even older students who don't care about younger students knew about you!"

"You're lying!"

"Do you want to bet, Draco? I could call Cassius Warrington, or maybe Percy Weasley? I'm sure they could set the record straight." I smiled victoriously. 

"There's no way I was that obvious that Warrington noticed." Draco scoffed, though it was admittedly kind of nervous-sounding. "He doesn't look twice at the younger years. And that particular Weasley was buried in his studies all the time."

"I'll write them both a letter, or better yet, next time we meet them, I'll bring it up."

"Fine. That's totally fine. Go ahead!"

"Uh, am I interrupting something important?"

"You are, so please go away." I said distractedly. Wait a second-

"What the hell?" I stared at the newcomer in surprise. "When the hell did you get here? Have you been eavesdropping this whole time? That's rude, you know."

"Hold on, I wasn't eavesdropping!" He sounded offended. "Do I look like I do that kind of thing?"

"Yes."

"Not to be mean, but yeah, definitely."

He just blinked at the rapid responses and decided to ignore them. "You two, if you're done, will have to come with us."

"No."

"That sounds so weird, you know?"

"Okay, that's it. Stop this weird, creepy, twin thing." Hawkeye narrowed his eyes. "What do you two have to say for yourselves?"

"I wasn't aware that we did anything, what about you Draco?" I asked Draco, hopefully displaying an innocent expression.

"I don't think we've done anything illegal recently." Draco followed my lead, smiling charmingly at Hawkeye.

He sighed, and pulled out a rectangular device (was it a tablet? I think it's a tablet), tapping on it before showing the screen to us.

"Does this look familiar to you?"

A video was playing on the screen, which looked like it was taken from a high place. And the main stars of it were Draco and I, as birds appeared above our heads and disappeared a few minutes later.

"Oh no."

"Mother and father are going to kill us."

"We're so dead."