Chapter 2: Unatainabelle

(This chapter is about what happened to Sphinx the morning Jay is late. Still very important to the over all story tho)

Sphinx flapped his wings surveying the land below him. A crowd of un-tattooed dragonets formed a circle around a young scholar, learning about what career they would pick in their near future.

He smiled sadly, wishing he could have chosen the markings that covered his scales. Being 2nd in line for the throne wasn't anything special. His sister was always first. Miss perfect was adored by their parents. While he, was looked down on, shout at, as if saying "I bet you wish you were important,"

All Sphinx got were long, boring consul meetings with the Lightflyers. On the other side of things, Princess Unatainabelle got praise, status, luxury, and not a worry in the world. Currently, the Princess was trying to find her "perfect" match. And, hence the nickname 'perfect' apparently isn't enough.

Sphinx landed with a thumb at his ledge. Which led to his bedroom chamber. The guards that stood posted gave him a nod as the yellow dragon entered. The theme of his bed-chamber mostly consisted of yellows and blues. Whereas 'Unatainabelles' consisted of black and white. On the wall to right a tapestry held an illustration of his family.

Sphinx lazily strolled towards his scroll-shelf. He produced a scroll, it was his most read, and most sacred.

"A complete guide to outcasts," said the title.

"BEWARE OF THE OUTCAST LEADER," he read
"NEVER APPROACH AN OUTCAST,"
"NEVER STRAY FROM THE BORDER,"

Each of the sections had its own subtext, but Sphinx had read it so many times he could recite it with his eyes closed.

Those three lines where all he knew about outcasts. Other than the fact that they existed. All he knew about the evasive and illusive branch of shunned WindWalkers. "What did they do?" He muttered to himself, already reading the all too familiar scroll over again. He had tried to ask the king about what had happened. But his fathers jaded personality about the subject refused to crack.

A loud knock sounded at the door, interrupting his thoughts. Sphinx snorted in annoyance before turning to view the servant who had knocked on his door. The care-takers navy-blue scales where intracity weaved with squares and lines. Though Sphinx was rueful to admit it, he greatly admired the artisans work.

"The Lightflyers request your presence in the main chamber," the servant spoke.

Sphinx huffed a sigh. "Fine, tell them I will be there immediately," he said, venom leaking into his normally cheerful voice. The servant nodded and scampered away to notify the Lightflyers.

Sphinx padded off towards the council room, meeting a guard on the way.

*****

Sphinx sat down, sparing a glance at his sister.
The head Lightflyer started the meeting.
"Reluctantly, near the western border there has been outcast activity," he said, "they have been destroying goods and stealing supplies," the old WindWalker glanced around the room. "I suggest extra guards around the effected area."

Sphinx's ears shot up. This was one of the rare moments that outcasts were the topic of discussion. The king nodded in acknowledgement. Before the king could utter a word, Sphinx jumped in and responded, "let me go to the border," he blurted.

Unatainabelle shot him a strange look.

Thanos turned to his son. "What did you just say?" He asked, the kings eyes narrowed.

Sphinx took a deep breath, noticing the eyes that bore into his skull like knives. "I want to go to the border," Sphinx stated firmly.
"No," Thanos said, feeling his anger rise.
Sphinx stood, "why not?" He asked "whats so bad-"

Thanos growled, cutting his son off. "Enough,"

"What did they do wrong?"

"ENOUGH,"

Sphinx shut his mouth, knowing he had stepped over a fine line. He threw a glare at his fuming father. "Leave this meeting immediately. Ask one more question about the outcasts and you won't be aloud to leave this palace!"

Without another word Sphinx turned around and disappeared through the doorway. His talons clicked against the polished stone as he rounded the corner and gazed out of the open window.

Despite his sour mood he smiled when his eyes landed on a certain blue dragoness at her post.

(A/N: hehe two updates in one day! Whew. Any questions about this chap? Let me know in the comments please!
What do you guys think of the story so far? Please let me know!)

WindWalkers: Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara