Author's Note

~:~

You can skip this part. It's not really nessesary to read.

Anything important to know related to the story will be said here

Any other information will be said in mini Author's Notes at the end of the chapter

Thanks for Reading

~:~

~:~ About Jay ~:~

Full Name: Jessica Kingsley

Eye Color: Hazel

Hair Color: Black to Brown Ombré

Hair Length: Down to her elbows

Height: 5ft (152 cm)

Likes:
- Playing with her two best friends
- Dancing
- Making up fantasies in her head
- Helping others

Dislikes:
- Her step-mother
- Being treated badly
- Not thinking about her actions beforehand
- Being ignored

Facts about Jessica:
- "Jay" is her childhood nickname
- She was supposed to be inherit her father's company.
- She has an orange dolphin doll named Finn
- Wants to make her mother proud
- Really really really REALLY stubborn

~:~ Mini Intro Story ~:~

I couldn't sleep. I felt uneasy and I was a bit scared.

Of what?

I have no idea.

It was just a feeling I had. That something bad was going to happen. It was going to happen to me.

I pulled on my bedsheets to go over my nose.

I tried sleeping again and again and again. But nothing. I just couldn't fall asleep at all.

'Milk....'

I got up and went to go get some milk. It works in TV shows all the time.

As I walked down the stairs I saw the lights on in my dad's study.

'I should ask dad to tuck me in!'

I went over to the door and heard my step-mother's voice.

"Can't you do something about your daughter?! She is literally a child! Do you think that girl will be able to keep your company alive?! I need her gone! We agreed the company will go to our son if we had one and now im pregnant with one! My son will inherit the company, but what if she decides to make things complicated?!"

My head hurt.

"Listen, I know that's what we agreed. He will inherit the company, but she is still my only daughter! How can you expect me to just throw her away?! This is also not my company! It's her mother's! You know how torn she will be to hear this?"

"I dont care if she's your daughter. I don't care to who this company belongs to. It's yours now and then it will be my son's. I just need her gone. Now."

I slowly began to walk up the stairs.

I don't want to hear his answer.

But I have to.

"Fine. I'll see what I can do to get her out as soon as possible."

I walked in my room and sat down on my bed.

I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I couldn't even cry.

I looked around my room and my eyes landed on my laptop. I ran to it and began looking for plane tickets to Korea. I bought my ticket and ran to my closet.

I took out a small bookbag.

In there I shoved my phone, laptop, a t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a pair of shoes. In the smaller pocket I put in my laptop charger and my phone charger along with a picture of my mom and I and a necklace she gave to me.

I changed out of my pjs and into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a jacket. I quickly slipped on my shoes and walked over to my door.

I turned around and gave my room a last look before leaving.

I looked to my bed and noticed I almost left something behind.

I grabbed Finn, my orange dolphin doll, and placed him inside my bookbag.

I grabbed my headphones and earbuds off my desk and placed them inside my bookbag as well.

I walked down the stairs and saw the light in the study was off.

I walked to the door and left.

I arrived at the airport and got on the plane after waiting for 25 minutes.

After sitting down in my seat my tears finally began to fall. I cried silently so I wouldn't bother anyone else on the plane and soon enough I also fell asleep.

I arrived at the airport in Seoul, Korea and went outside.

Then it hit me.

Like a brick falling from the sky.

Why had I never realized this before now?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

~:~

Information about the Dialogue

When the dialogue is in between brackets
ex. ["dialogue"]
that means it is spoken in Korean. When the dialogue is written normally
ex. "dialogue"
that means it is spoken in English.

There will be a moment in the story where Jay will learn Korean so this rule will not be valid amymore. I will make sure to write it as a mini Author's Note the chapter before and the current chapter that it starts to be in effect.

~:~

I hope you enjoy the story. I would love to hear your comments and what you think should happen. I don't mind helpful critisism so if there is something I can improve on please tell me. Please remember I am human and that I make mistakes. Thanks!

~:~