Sebastian Stan [7]

"Big Plans"

Present day, fiction

*

I took a deep breath and tried to prepare myself for what I knew was waiting for me when I turned the corner into my bedroom. Sebastian was already on the bed, leisurely sprawled out in a pair of silk pants and a t-shirt, and so was my stupid computer.

"You don't look happy," he noticed. I tried to smile for him as I climbed into bed and pulled my laptop onto my thighs.

"I am happy," I countered. I put in my password and opened up all the tabs I needed to get some work done. Sebastian sat up and then leaned over onto my shoulder to watch me. I logged into my email account and my university's website and opened a whole host of PowerPoints, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents. "I just have a lot of stuff to get done."

"So you're stressing out," he continued, reading my mind. I nodded. He reached for the nightstand on his side of the bed and came right back to my shoulder, this time with a very full glass of wine in one hand. He took a small sip and gave the rest to me.

"And this is why I'm marrying you," I told him. I took a long drag of the Riesling. "Oh, that reminds me. I need to email the caterer our wine choices."

I sat down the wine, found the caterer in my contacts, apologized for the late hour, and consulted the Excel workbook designated for food related tasks as I typed out an email. Nearly every other word ended up with an angry red line under it. I started correcting everything when I first felt Sebastian kiss my neck.

"Actually, that's the reason I'm marrying you," I whispered. I had to drag myself away from Sebastian's lips, reminding myself that I work to do. I had assignments to turn in and assignments to grade for the professor I worked for part time. I had a cake tasting to schedule and needed to finalize the centerpieces with the florist. Then were was another dress fitting for myself and my bridesmaids. Sebastian was also due to order his wedding wear soon, and he was coming along to all the appointments that didn't involve trying on clothes. He had also taken over the honeymoon, with some input from me, and I was thrilled that it wasn't sitting solely on my shoulders. "But, I really need to work."

"Then, let me help," he said quietly. He moved behind me and scooted the both of us closer to the center of the bed. As I verified a couple appointments and emailed my bridesmaids reminders about their fittings, he began massaging my shoulders just how I liked it.

I closed out most of the wedding stuff and started going through the assignments I needed to mark up. Going to grad school and being a TA was a pain sometimes, but graduation was coming up less than a month before the wedding. I had one more semester of work before I could relax. Or relax a little. Maybe.

"So, what you are working on now?" he whispered. He hands wandered down my back more than a little temptingly.

"I finished critiquing all the rough drafts for that EH 102 class, but I need to return them to the students," I answered, leaning farther back into my fiancé's chest. He laughed as I pressed into him and pinned down his hands. He gave up rubbing my shoulders and wound his arms around my waist instead. Sebastian propped his chin on my shoulder.

"You're much smarter than me, that's for sure," he said. I sent off the first email and went to hunt down the next file. "Miss Master's degree."

"Soon to be Mrs. Master's degree," I corrected. He kissed my neck again, thoroughly distracting me. I got another two or three emails out before he kissed right below my ear. I may have moaned a little.

"I can't wait," he whispered. He brushed my hair out of the way purposefully let his fingertips trail right down my spine. I decided to put away the rough drafts until tomorrow morning.

"Give me just a few minutes to send something to my advisor, and I won't make you wait any longer," I promised. He kept kissing my neck and my shoulders and running his hands up my sides under my shirt. I found the file I needed to send and attached it to an email. Once it was off I leaned my head back against Sebastian's shoulder so he could kiss my neck.

"I hate to distract you further," he told, no longer driving me crazy.

"That's a lie," I teased.

"No, really, I do. But what did you just send your advisor?" he asked.

"A possible proposal for my final thesis," I answered. "Why?"

"Are you sure?"

"Not anymore," I mumbled. I went to my sent emails and opened the most recent one. There was a polite spiel to explain the attachment and the late hour and a single attachment. Which was not my thesis proposal.

PossibleSeatingChart.pub

"Oh my God," I whispered pitifully. "I sent our seating arrangement to my advisor. Oh my God."

Sebastian put his hands on my hips and stopped kissing up and down my neck so I could focus. I hastily typed out an apology and found the right document to send my advisor. Then I renamed the seating chart with all caps. When it was all said and done, my cheeks were red and I wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or draining my glass of wine in one go.

"Yeah, it's time for you to sleep. And sleep in," Sebastian told me. He reached forward and closed my computer after I had shut everything down. He kissed my cheek and took my computer away. He slid out of bed and sat the laptop on top of a dresser before coming back and cuddling into my side. He kissed my hand as I reached to play with his hair. The mood was significantly impaired, at the moment, but I was sure it would pick up again.

"I can't believe I just did that," I groaned. "I'm supposed to be a professional."

"It could be worse," he reminded me. "You could've sent it to one of your students."

"I can think of at least half a dozen students who would've had a heart attack if they saw the guest list," I told him. He had a few fans in each of the several classes I helped with. "So yes it could be much worse."

I wrapped my arms around Sebastian and tugged him as close as I could. He was barely back from filming overseas, and I was lavishing in his company again.

"I don't know if I've told you today, but I love you," he whispered. He kissed my head, and I cuddled into our embrace. This was what I looked forward to about marrying him: laying in bed in our pajamas (which weren't exactly sexy) and loving every minute of it.

*

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry about my prolonged absence from this story and my others. I was feeling some major writer's block along with a severe lack of time to write. I'll be updating a bit over the next few days, but updates are more than likely to stay erratic until summer rolls around. Thank you, though, for the continued support even though I've been a bit lackadaisical.