Sebastian Stan [9]

"Sick Day" 

Present day, fiction

Requested by Wife_of_SexySeaBass

*

Sebastian rolled over once the sunlight began shining through the bedroom window. A nice quiet Saturday, no alarm to wake him up. It was more than welcome. 

"Good morning...empty bed," he said, realizing the other half of the bed was woefully empty. 

He slid out of bed, throwing on a hoodie and padding out of the room in socked feet. He wandered into the living room, and there he found her. On the couch under at least three blankets.  Head thrown back on a pile of pillows, mouth hanging open. A bottle of cold medicine missing its lid and a small collection of crumpled Kleenex on the coffee table. 

~

I woke up to a kettle whistling. And a very dry mouth. I shoved myself into a sitting position, groaning as I made it to upright and could see Sebastian in the kitchen. 

"Shit, sorry. I was trying to catch this before it started whistling," Seb told me, looking over his shoulder. He poured water from the kettle into a waiting mug and added honey, lemon, and a shot of Jack Daniels. 

"Did you just put whisky in my tea?" I asked hoarsely. He smiled at me and blushed a little while he stirred the tea. "God, I love you."

A minute or so later, Seb came into the living room and handed me the spiked tea. He lifted my feet out of the way, sat down, and put my lower legs on top of his. 

"I take it you aren't feeling well," he guessed. 

"I woke up around midnight and couldn't breathe through my nose, so I took some of whatever that was in your bathroom cabinet and decided to sleep out here," I explained. Sebastian reached for the cold medicine and read the label. 

"I hate to tell you this, but this expired over about two years ago," he told me. I groaned again and cradled my mug a little closer. 

"That might explain why it didn't seem to work," I said. Seb chuckled and rubbed my shins through the blankets. 

"Tell me what you need. I'll get dressed and make a run to the store," he offered. 

"I'll be fine, Seb. A day or two, and I'll be fine," I tried to tell him. He began shaking his head as soon as he realized I wasn't about to accept his help. 

"I'll surprise you then," he decided, playfully dumping my feet on the floor and standing up. He grinned at me and went back to his bedroom. A few minutes later he came back, wearing jeans and having tamed his bed head. "Drink your tea. I'll be back in a few."

I stuttered out a response as he blew me a kiss, grabbed his keys, and left the apartment. 

By the time he made it back, I had turned on Netflix and started watching The Covenant. I may have been delirious when making the choice. When the door unlocked and Seb came strolling in, I hurried to turn off the movie. It didn't work. 

"I think you have a fever. That's the only explanation for watching this," he laughed. I slowly stood up from the couch, my head pounding, and joined Sebastian in the kitchen while he unpacked his haul. A few minutes later, the counter was covered in ginger ale, Saltine crackers, more tea and lemons, spare boxes of Kleenex, and four different kinds of chicken soup and a matching number of cold medicines. Once he noticed my skeptical glances, he rushed to explain. "So, the cold and flu section is kind of intimidating. I asked the pharmacist for help and she said this one is more for night time because it makes you sleepy, but this one is non-drowsy. And she said this one is better if you also have a cough, so I got it just in case. And these are capsules, for if you don't like the taste of the liquid stuff."

It took a minute to process it all, and then I started getting teary-eyed. Sebastian came rushing around from the other side of the kitchen counter and wrapped me up in a hug. 

"You didn't have to get all of this," I mumbled into his hoodie. "But I'm so glad you did. I hate being sick."

"That's why I did it," he said. "That and I love you."

He kissed the top of my head and kept hugging me. 

"If you stay this close you'll end up getting sick too," I warned him. 

"Well, I'm not busy with anything. If there was ever a good time to get sick, it's now," he said. "Speaking of now, you should take some of the not expired medicine and get back on the couch while I make lunch."

"Any Netflix requests?" I asked. He grabbed one of the bottles of medicine and poured a dose for me. "I think Political Animals may still be on Netflix. And I, Tonya is on Hulu. There is plenty of Sebastian Stan filmography available for me to enjoy while high on cold meds."

"If it makes you happy, watch whatever you want," he told me. 

~

That night, I fell asleep on Seb's shoulder and woke up in a haze at three a.m. to realize he had propped me up on pillows and moved himself to a nearby chair. I was woken up again by a fresh cup of whisky and tea. 

The next day was the same as the first. Lots of soup and tea and roughly the same amount of cold medicine. I was also the subject of an Instagram post on Sebastian's account; the caption was a list of series from our extensive two-day Netflix binge. I slept in the bed that night, with Sebastian giving me all of his pillows and not complaining about my requests for more blankets. 

Then he woke up sick with the same symptoms I was just beginning to get over. So I broke out a bottle of Jack Daniels, made us breakfast, and let Sebastian pick what to watch next. 

*

Author's Note:

Thanks again to Wife_of_SexySeaBass for the request! As always, I love getting requests and prompts form my readers.