Nomines for Best Historical Fic

Courting CeCe by cinders75

Celia St. Paul, daughter of the Baron of Mangrove, was polished sassy and often irreverent. Just exactly as a woman should be as they are approaching the dreaded "shelf". She has no desire to marry and loads of reasons why it would behoove her to avoid the dreaded parson's trap.

Charles Rotherford second son to the very wealthy Hubert James Rotherford had fallen hopelessly in love with his childhood friend Cece. Unfortunately she had no idea of his feeling and was adverse to the idea of marriage.

Being exiled in the country to care for her ailing mother Cece finds that she just might bitten off more than she can chew. Cece turns to her childhood best friend for comfort and is reminded of witnessing a rather shocking illicit seen. Cece turns to her old friend to learn more about the game of love. Chances are things will get pretty rocky before they find still waters!

Fleeing Fear by holdorfgirl

I bury my face in my hands. This isn't happening. It can't be happening.

~

What are you supposed to do when a war rips your family apart? What are you supposed to do when you find your affections growing for a boy who you never wanted to have anything to do with? What are you supposed to do when fear threatens to run your life? 15-year-old Evelyn is learning that you do what you can. You flee.