Chapter 6: Who's Cute And All?

MOLLY

i see ariana walking into the garage. i run up to her to tell her the good and bad news. "hey ari!" i call, giving a wave. "oh, hi mo! whats up?" she asks. "well..." i say. i tell her the whole story in one huge breath. i end up panting.

"whoa!! molls! thats awesome!" she says, plonking her handbag beside her. she bumps her head on the garage door. i pretend not to hear her curse under her breath. "like, not the making out bit i mean..." she says, not wanting me to get the wrong idea.

"i know. jais pretty cute, though." i say. "are you going to try?" ariana asks cheekily. "no!!" i reply, in that tone when you obviously are but trying to sound like you mean no. "i live in melbourne. he lives in sydney. look, he's cute and all, but i cant."

"whos cute and all?" a heavenly voice says behind me. i swear, i jump out of my skin. "freaking hell!!" i yell, jumping back. i bump my head on the garage door too. "shit." i whisper under my breath. ariana points and laughs at me.

shes choking, nearly. with all that laughing she bumps her head on the garage door too. again. "fucking hell!! whats up with this thing!" she shouts angrily. she realises im still there and blushes furiously. "you didnt hear anything, molls. and guy." she adds, pointing to some guy on our driveway.

shit. its jai. "hi jai." i say, giving him a smile. "so this is jai!" ariana says, giving him a smile. "mollys been talking about you. im really sorry about what happned." she adds, looking weirdly sympathetic.

"thanks and really? i never knew i was so awesome." jai says, cheekily. i blush. "so, are you the cousin that molly was talking about that called me hot?"he adds, giving that lopsided grin. ariana blushes. "noooo...." she says, furiously blushing. "that was maureen..." she says looking away. jai laughs at her. "dont worry, no one can resist this hotness." he says cheekily, showing off his abs.

"sooo..." ariana says, triying to change the topic. "ditching school?" 

"duh..." he says, rolling his eyes. "have you got the hots for my little cousin?" ariana asks, lolking curious. i blush furiously.

JAI

damn! why did mollys cousin have to ask that? what the fuck do i say. crap. crab. shit. shoot, sheep. sheet. ship. flippin pancakes. hell, no. "umm..." i mutter quietly. "well..." says ariana, looking impatiant. "lets just go inside, shall we?" interupts molly, noticing the tension and my nervousnes towards answering the question. thank god for molly.

molly leads us inside and i walk beside her cousin. "so, i never got your name." i say, to mollys cousin. "im ariana. you can call ne ari though." she says. "im-"  

"i know who you are jai. molly told me." ariana interupts me. " good to know." i reply looking forward.

"so do you?" she whispers. "do i what?" i whisper, noticing this is a very private conversation. "do you have the hots for molly?" i feel a lot more comfortable answering this question where molly cant hear me, but im still unsure. "maybe." i reply, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand. "get real! shes cute! i know you know it!" ari whispers, but shouts in a way. "well, lets see."