Chapter 45: J-Lo

CHAPTER 45 : J-LO

MOLLY

My jaw dropped as I stared intently towards the screen. A couple pieces of the butter popcorn that I had made earlier, tumbled to the floor.

The first question that popped into my mind was, could Jai sing? Like, yeah, I knew he went to a performing arts school, but I thought he just played guitar. It surprised me, because I thought that Jai would've told me before or somehow randomly burst out into song, like they did High School Musical, because lets be honest here. High School Musical is the best fucking movie on the planet. I mean, if you haven't watched that before, you have a sad childhood. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

The second question that popped into my mind was, what the fuck? I mean, I've texted Taylor a couple of times and she hadn't mentioned to me that he had auditioned. But if you wanted to audition, didn't you have to a couple months before? And that means that Jai had already went to Bootcamp and found out all these results. How many secrets are these guys keeping from me? Next thing you know, Jai's a vampire or his cousin is J-Lo. J-Lo's a goddess. Just had to put that out there. 

I watched the television in front of me, as Jai introduced himself to the judges. He looked differenet. Not entirely, but different enough to know this was taken a while back. His windwept hair was the same, but maybe just an inch longer now than it was then. His eyes sparkled the same way, and his skin was just a tincy bit tanner. It was funny seeing him performing and doing what he loved, along with the rest of Australia. 

Jai was singing Different Worlds by Jes Huduk. Being the anti-social person I am, I had never really heard this song before. It rung a bell but the actual tune never made its way into my mind. 

His voice astounded me.

It was like listening to velvet, if velvet had a sound. His voice was so intriguing, pulling anyone who listened close. There was the perfect balance between smoothness and the gruff and rasping quality every singer had. It was like listening to an angel sing.

I guess the judges and the audiene thought the same, since everyone was up on their feet, applauding away like there was no tomorrow.

That was the Jai I knew, singing his little heart out. The Jai who once was my best friend. My Jai. He was the funny, optimistic being that we all knew and loved. He was just a little fourteen year old kid from Campbelltown, and now, the whole of Australia was going to know his name.

A/N

i know shortest chapter everrrrrr. but i finally updated after slacking and i honestly just couldnt be stuffed doing this but i knew your comments made me want to write more so i read all of your comments on chapter 44 : 6:03 and that made me so motivated to put out a new chapter no matter how short it is and here ya go and hopefully the next chapter will be up asap and a lot longer, but also preparre yourself for another 3 month wait again or maybe tomorrow who knows and i am rushing this so bad so sorry gtg teachers gonna catch me run run as fast as you can you cant catch me im the gingerbread man! have a good day you die hard waetforders :D