Please Laugh (Declamation Piece)

Please Laugh
by K. Jhae

Hi! H-hello! Hahahahaha, hi! I'm not crazy... or dumb... hahaha, or stupid... I'm just me. Hahahahahaha! Wanna hear a secret? Ooh, I love secrets. Hahahha! Do you? Alright, listen closely...

Come closer....

Do you love secrets? Hahahaha, I love secrets. Hahaha, okay okay, the secret is...

THERE IS NO SECRET!

Hahahahah! You're all fools! You're all dumb! Ha! And they called me crazy-! Hahahaha... Well, I guess I am... just a little bit. Hahahah!

I guess it just depends on who's looking at whom, hahaha.....!

LAUGH, IDIOTS!

Hahaha! Now, I know why you guys are all here. You're here in this circus because you all want to watch me! ME! ME! THE MAGNIFICENT, CIRCUS FREAK! You want a show; I'll give you a show.

I have a friend that taught me things -put powder on! Powder! POWDER! Lipstick! Lipstick! Lipstick! Dance! Dance! DON'T FROWN! Hop! Sing! Twirl! Smile at the camera-! Wait... there is no camera. Huh, actually, cameras are not allowed in a circus. Why? Because a camera captures everything... and that is something my masters want to avoid.

W-why?! B-because! Their beatings would be seen... m-my scars, my hidden scars would be seen... How I got my bruises, their tortures... EVERYTHING WOULD BE EXPOSED! Hahahah! I got tortured one day, because they were training me to do this one stunt. Hahahah! Wanna see it? Hahaha, alright. Hahaha, I'm so excited! It's somewhat doing this side starfish-ish tumbling! It's so easy! It's something like this-

Nah, I'm kidding! Hahaha! I can't do it! Hahahahah! My master trapped me inside the cage, and... That was the reason why my best friend, the lion, bit me on my left leg! Hahaha! Oh well, at least my leg is still working. Ooh! But that's just not it! There was also this one time where I was the assigned Comedian that day, but... Hahaha! I wasn't funny enough! The audience wasn't entertained! THEY WEREN'T ENTERTAINED! Hahahah! After the show, my master 'talked' to me and 'talk' in my master's dictionary means discipline, and 'discipline' means torture! Hahaha! They tortured me because YOU DIDN'T LAAAUGH! SO LAAAAUGH! Why won't you laugh? Am... I not funny enough? WORTHY ENOUGH?! Like how I wasn't worthy enough to be my parents' child>! *cries* Please, laugh! Please! My life depends on it! My life depends on it! Curse my parents for abandoning me, leaving me in this dump! Hahahah! This dump, I call my home...

There was this one day, where my master talked to me. He was so angry because I defended myself. He grabbed his whip and whipped me! On the back, head, neck, legs! Then he shouted, "YOU'RE A WORTHLESS FREAK!" Hahahaha! And that's when I drew the line. I spat on him before running for my life! I ran, I RAN! I turned my head to see where he is at, and he was near, near with a knife! Hahahaha... A short knife that can end my short life. Hahaha! So I ran! I was losing hope because he runs fast! Hahaha, now, I heard somewhere before where if you keep on hoping... there is hope! Hahahaha! There is a chance! And I believed on that hope! I believed on it! Then there was it, the huge door of my escape, the huge door with EXIT written on it! I ran faster! Faster! FASTER! -and... Then I slipped. Hahahah! And that's how I died. Hahahha! 13 stabs, I received 13 stabs. 9 on my back, and 6 on my neck... oh wait, hahah, that's 15. hhahaha! I told you, I'm not crazy... I'm just, haha, dead.

I'm a dead circus freak, and I'm going to haunt all of those people who paid for my pain, those people who didn't laugh... Hahahaha! You want a show? I'll give you a show.

●●●●●●●●●○●●●●●●●●●●○●○●○●●○○○○○○○○○○○●○○○○○○○○○

If you're going to be using this for an English subject performance or anything, please tell me by commenting down the comments, Thanks 😊

If you want to print it (for memorization), you can send me a private message in Instagram (@k.jhae) and ask for the word file or. docx of this declamation piece.

ALSO: If you need an Author's Autobiography, I can provide it to you --just leave a message!

WORD COUNT: 636

GENRE: Depends on how you interpret it. Open your wild imagination and let your creativity break free :)

DISCLAIMER: If you're going to be providing your interpretation of this piece, please mention the words "IN MY OWN OPINION" or "I THINK". I DID NOT RELEASE MY STATEMENT TO ANYONE REGARDING THE INTERPRETATION OF "PLEASE LAUGH". I did this because I didn't want to ruin my readers' own interpretation. Although, there are videos in Youtube ("Please Laugh Declamation Contest") that you may seek inspiration from. Good luck!