world is not perfect

There was a cure
             &
There was hope

But the world was not perfect

The world will never be perfect

The world was still dying

The world would not ever stop dying

There was nothing we could do to stop it

We decided that if there was a cure, the cure would find its way to us. We were content with our lives and we were not in any rush to just change that. The farm felt like such a safe haven and it was unbeatable for the most part.

Yes, there will still be walkers. If this cure is true, then the worry isn't all as big as it's thought out to be. I want my family to grow on reality and not some false hope. Like I stated, if there was a cure it would find its way to us. The rush was not existing. I prayed that this cure was though.

Carl Grimes and I had just poured our hearts out to each other. I've never felt so much love and appreciation. I had never felt an even stronger reason to continue to live. I love this man with every ounce of my heart and I physically could not put into words how much he truly meant to me, ever.

"The sun is setting, we should get back inside." Carl put his right arm over my shoulder and I leaned my head into him. He kissed the side of my head and it made me feel so warm and comforted. "The cure Morales talked about, if it's real it has to find us." I told Carl and he agreed.

"It eventually will"

I turned forward and my eyes fixated on a white paper under a medium sized rock. It was trying to break free from under the rock, because the wind was blowing today. I let go of Carl and hurried over to the paper.

I kicked aside the rock and grabbed the paper before it blew away in the wind. I centered it in front of me and began to read.

"A cure? That's not what's coming for you"

I dropped the paper and Carl caught it before it could fall into the dirt.

"Carl." my tone was so faint, but very worried at this point. Carl pulled my hand and we ran inside. He locked the front door. "Dad!" Carl shouted, he ran around the house looking for Rick. "Mommy." Sam walked down the stairs with Judith. Carol came out of the kitchen and she looked at me confused. "Ella?" she called. I didn't say anything to Carol.

I ran to shut every window. I locked them and Lincoln grabbed me. "Ella, what are you doing?" he tried to stop me in my tracks, but I shoved him aside. "Little one!" Daryl finally stopped me and I looked into his eyes. I hadn't noticed my body starting to shake, but Daryl did.

"Go on and get her some water, Lincoln." Daryl said and Lincoln did so. "Tell me what the hell is going on?" Daryl asked calmly and I slowed down my deep breaths and jittery actions.

"It was all a lie."

Rick ran down the stairs and pulled his gun out. He swung open the front door, almost knocking it off of it's hinges. "Dad!" Carl ran down the stairs and accidentally knocked Judith down the remaining two steps. Judith began to cry and Sam begun to cry as well, only because Judith was.

I still stood there and continued to fear for everybody's life and my own.

"Come here Sam and Judith, come here right now!" I went and grabbed them from the steps. I held them tight at this point and did not want to let go. I feared somebody was going to bust through the door at any moment and take the two of them.

Rick ran back inside and slammed the door, but Carl came right in after. "Son of a bitch!" he threw his right arm across the vases in the hallway. The vases smashed onto the ground, breaking into pieces. Rick's forearm started to bleed, but that wasn't his worry right now. He had the note I had found and gave it to Daryl. Daryl read it and then threw it on the coffee table. "Them sons a bitches came here to fuck with us." Daryl said and Lincoln grabbed the note.