carl's reality

carl's pov

My dad, Lincoln, myself, and my buddy Ron had gotten back from our 2 day run. We'd gathered a great amount of supplies, so much that Ron and I had to drive separately from my dad and Lincoln.

I was very excited to see Layla and most importantly.. my little sister Judith. Although I technically couldn't even call her little anymore. She's 8 years old now and she's practically the best shot in the group. She's probably the most self independent 8 year old I'd ever met. I couldn't wait to have my sister and Layla back in my arms.

Ron on the other hand couldn't wait to get his hands all over Enid, his girlfriend. He hadn't shut up about getting her in his be-

"Bro, we're home" Ron snapped me out of my thoughts and got out of the truck. He whistled and banged on the gates of our home. "Eugene, open up it's us!" Ron called and I got into the driver seat. I put the truck in drive and pulled through the gates of our community, Alexandria.

Our community for about two years now, it's been the closest thing we'd had to a home since the farm two years ago.

We'd slept in a barn, we slept in a hospital, we even slept in a church for a while. None of those places even felt remotely like home, like Alexandria did. Alexandria was however missing something. I, Carl Grimes was missing something.

"Shithead!" Layla called out and came to hug me. She practically pulled me out of the truck. "Nice to see you too!" I said squeezing her. "I missed you, stop leaving your best friend!" Layla hit my arm. "And your little sister, who happens to be a better shot than you!" Judith ran up from behind Layla and jumped into my arms. "Told you I'd come back." I kissed Judith's forehead and we gave each other fist bumps.

"Your dad doesn't get a hug?" My dad called out to Judith and put his hands on his hips. "Dad!" she said and ran over to him. Layla held onto me and we both smiled watching them embrace. I looked down because I missed being a dad. I really longed for that feeling again. "Come on, you." Layla wrapped her arm around my waist and we went to the back of the truck to unload the supplies we had found.

"Carl, Enid and I have to go take care of something really quick? You mind unloading and once we finished what we have to do, I'll give you a hand with what is left?" Ron held onto Enid and she was practically dragging him away, while she nibbled on his ear.

"Go and get a room, there are children around!" Layla laughed and pushed them away

"Did you get it? Mason has been begging me for it all day" A girl named Adora from Alexandria asked me. She was most likely in her 20's and she had a nephew named Mason that was 5. That's how old my son Sam is or was. Sam would be here right now if I wasn't a murderer.

"Carl?" Layla snapped me from my thoughts and I grabbed the stuffed Elephant that Adora's nephew constantly requested. "Sorry, here you go." I handed Adora the elephant and she gave me a confused looked. "You ok Carl?" she asked and Layla looked at me wanting to know also, but she knew about Sam. Layla was like a sister to me, she knew every little detail about my past. However, she knew nothing about what I had done two years ago to drive Daryl into this stage of depression.

"I'm fine, no worries. The elephant wasn't all that hard to find. Compliments of the local gift shop exactly a mile from here." I smiled to Adora and she thanked me. Adora then walked away to give the elephant to Mason.

"Hey" Layla squeezed my arm a tad and I looked at her. "I'm fine, Layla." I smiled and she raised her eyebrows. Layla knew I didn't want to talk about it, so she left it at that.

As Layla and I continued to unload supplies, Daryl hopped onto his bike and headed off. He leaves for a certain amount of hours, and nobody knows where he goes or what he does. He always comes back, so nobody ever really questions him about it. He's really kept to himself the past two years. Physically he was in the group, and apart of Alexandria's community. Mentally, Daryl was not here. Daryl's hardly said more than a handful of words to anybody besides my dad and another guy named Aaron whom we also met here in the community of Alexandria. In the past two years he has not been the same. Ever since..Carol