ella's reality

Ella's pov

"Sammy!" I called out to him and he came from behind the bushes. "Hi mommy!" he smiled and ran into my arms. "Don't scare mommy like that!" I said and started to tickle him. He laughed until his stomach was sore. "Uncle Sean and I were just playing hide and seek."

"Yeah mom!" Sean said and came from behind a tree. He actually scared me a bit. "Just having a little fun before we go out on a run, no need to get your mommy panties in a bunch, baby." Sean smiled and leaned in to kiss me, but I moved my face. To avoid feeling stupid, he just kissed my forehead.

"Be careful." The only thing I said before I took Sam back inside of the compound and he'd run off to go and play. Sean rolled his eyes and sighed.

Yes, Sean and I were in liking of each other. He did like and care way more than I did and ever would. I mean yes, I cared about Sean but I couldn't give my love like that to anybody else. I love Sammy and I loved Tara, they were the only people I needed.

"Sean, hurry your ass! Your dad wants us back before sundown." Tara said standing outside of the truck. "You didn't tell me you were going too." I grabbed her arm and she got off the truck.

"You didn't hear this from me ok?" she said and looked around.

I nodded my head in understanding

"One of our compounds was attacked the other night, killed that ginger bitch Paula and everybody in her group." Tara said and my eyes widened.

Paula was a huge bitch and always called me a bad mom, and I can't really say I was upset she was gone. I was just shocked because anybody who messed with the group Sam, Tara, and myself were apart of always regretted it.

Always

"We were ordered to go out and look for the people that did it." Tara said and waited for my response.

"I think it's dangerous and stupid you want to keep risking your life for this group, but I can't stop you." I said and Tara rolled her eyes. "Amelia, stop it already. This group is our group, they've helped us so much in the past two years and you know it. Don't bite the hand that feeds you." Tara reminded me. I nodded my head because Tara was right about everything she'd just said. 

It's been two years and I hadn't heard my real name. Ella Greene. I was Amelia Larson now and had been these past two years. Even though I had grown incredibly close to Tara, not even she knew who I really was.

"Come here" she pulled me in for a hug and I did so. "I love you, shithead." Tara kept me in a tight squeeze. "I love you more, shitbreath." I laughed and she kissed the top of my forehead. "Please be careful!" I reminded and she nodded her head. "Aren't I always?" she said and knots formed in my stomach.

Tara always went out on runs and basically risked her life everyday for this group. It was selfless and I love her for having that quality, but I just don't want it to bite her in the butt one day.

Besides Sam, Tara is the only person I love and care about. She's been with me these past two years and has shown such great values. She was like a sister to me and I could not lose her. Sam couldn't lose her either.

"I've got my other homie with me, we will be fine." Tara reminded and another person we'd met here named Noah walked forward.

"Yeah, we be ight." Noah clicked his tongue and Tara pulled his arm to get in the truck.

"Don't worry so much, Ella. You're too pretty for that." A girl from our group named Ava smiled. She was going as well?

"You're going too?" I asked