Shared Apartment- Part One

A/N: A little bit of backstory- Clarke and Lexa were friends from childhood, but they grew distant when Clarke moved away. Raven and Clarke are friends from college. Lexa and Clarke reunited when they were both searching for roommates in the city.

Lexa
I set down the last box in my room and looked around. The room was small, but it would be comfortable. I heard grunts coming from the stairs, and I opened the door. Clarke was panting and a large box was on the floor.

"What do you have in that thing?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Bricks?"

"No," Clarke replied, looking up. "It's my art supplies."

"You must have a lot of those," I commented. "You want some help with that?"

"Yeah, that'd be great," Clarke answered, sliding her hands under the box and preparing to lift. I did the same and we moved the box to her room.

"So, when is Raven getting here?" I asked, brushing off my hands.

"She said that she'd be getting here around 3 tomorrow," Clarke answered.

"Sounds good," I said.

--------------------

"So, Clarke, what are you doing here in the city?" I asked.

"I'm going to medical school. It's my first year," Clarke answered, absently doodling on a piece of paper. "What about you?"

"I've got an entry-level job at a small business," I replied. Clarke gazed out the window at the city, then looked down and gasped.

"Raven's here!" she exclaimed, jumping up. "C'mon, Lexa!" I stood and followed her. We go outside as Raven was popping her trunk open.

"Raven!" Clarke said excitedly. Raven turned around and hugged her.

"It's good to see you, Griffin," Raven said. "And I presume this is Lexa?"

"Hello, Raven Reyes," I said, extending my hand. Raven shook it.

"Need any help unloading?" Clarke inquired.

"Yeah, that'd be awesome," Raven responded, hefting a couple cardboard boxes.

--------------------

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night. I glanced at my bedside clock. It read 1:04 AM. I was about to close my eyes again when I heard someone cry out. I stood up and walked down the hall. I waited for a little, and sure enough, another cry burst out. I located the source of the sound and entered Clarke's room. She was tossing and turning, crying the whole time. She would occasionally let out a shriek.

"Oh no, how long has this been going on?" I thought as moved to the side of the bed. I started to shake her awake.

"Clarke! Clarke, wake up!" I said urgently. Clarke let out one last scream before waking up, still sobbing.

"Lexa?" Clarke asked, confused.

"Yeah, it's me," I answered softly. "You were having quite a nightmare."

"Sorry for waking you," Clarke apologized.

"Don't worry about it," I replied. "I'm happy to help. Now get some sleep." I stood to leave, but Clarke grabbed my hand.

"Stay?" she asked simply, her voice filled with emotion. I sat back down on the bed.

"Absolutely," I responded.

Clarke
The next morning, I woke up with Lexa's arms wrapped loosely around me. As I gently extracted myself from her grip, the memories from last night came flooding back. I blushed and opened the door, heading out to the common area. Raven was already up, tapping every now and then on her tablet.