Help had come?

"I gu-guess you're right." He smirked. "Help will come; I re-refuse to let this be it. N-not after we just said we lo-loved each other. I-I refuse to miss out o-on life wi-with you." He told her making her laugh and cuddle into him.

"To t-tell you the truth, tha-that was a lot easier than I-I thought it was going to be."

"I guess life and d-death situations really change th-things." He told her. "You kn-know your dad's going to-to freak when he finds out." He laughed and felt her shake with laughter.

"It's not li-like I need his permission. I will l-love who ever I wa-want to. He doesn't have a say." She smiled as she shifted in his lap.

"First thing we're go-gonna do when we get out of h-here is go out on a date wi-with some really hot food." Maka giggled.

"What do you mean you can't find them?" Spirit asked as he and Stein walked into the town with Sid and Nygus.

"Sir!" They heard a child scream as the two ran over trying to catch their breath. The adults could see they were roughed up, and scared to all hell. "Sir." Elettra breathed. "You-you have to..... You have to help them!"

"Help who?" Stein asked. "Are you talking about the two students from the academy?" The two nodded quickly as they caught their breath.

"We followed them to try to see what they found and then we were caught and the guy he had a gun and... and he shot but the lady, she didn't get hit and then the guy shot at us and the lady pushed us out the way. She got hit but she kept fighting so we could run and the scythe guy he was trying to keep everyone safe and we were almost back when we heard a really loud bang!" She rushed.

"And then all this snow came down and we were caught in it." Reiner added. "We tried to get out and get help but we were so stuck and then no one would help. Please! You have to help them!"

"Where?" Stein asked as he put a restraining hand on Spirit's shoulder. "Show us the path." The children turned and started running with the adult's right behind them. "How long ago?"

"Um the big bang was like six hours ago. They're way up there and hurt." Elettra said as she pleaded with them to hurry.

"You did real well." Nygus said softly as she knelt down in front of them. "Now go back to the house and wait for us there. Make sure it's nice and hot in there and that we'll have plenty of blankets." The two children ran off as the adults started on their way up the path.

"Stein!" Spirit called after a while. "Can you sense them? Can you sense them up there?" His fear was growing with each step; his little girl had been missing for almost eight hours now. The kids said she had been hurt and now she was caught somewhere in the snow.

"Not yet but they said the house was way up there." Stein said as he used all he had to try to search as far as he could for Soul and Maka's souls. "There!" He yelled after another minute. "Their souls are weak but I can sense them. They're up a little farther." Another twenty minutes of running, Stein stopped. "They're right below up, Sid."