Chapter XIV: Oscillator Destruction

"Take off that mask. You don't need it." Said Han, walking towards his son.

"What do you think you will see if I do?" Asked Kylo.

"The face of my son." He said. Kylo knew that Han didn't want to see him, he wanted to see Ben, so he did what his father asked him to do and took off his mask, revealing the face of his son. Rey worryingly stared at Jacen, who was focusing on his uncle, and his cousin. There was nothing else for Jacen to focus on, it was just the two of them.

"You're son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father, so I destroyed him." Said Kylo, as Han kept walking closer and closer to his son.

"That's what Snoke wants you to believe, but it's not true." He said. "My son is alive."

"No, the Supreme Leader is wise." Said Kylo as Han came closer to his son.

"Snoke is using you for your power, when he gets what he wants he'll crush you." Said Han, as Kylo stepped back a little. "You know its true." Han said as he noticed something in Kylo's expression, he wasn't talking to Kylo anymore, he was talking to Ben.

"It's too late." Said Ben with sadness and fear in his eyes.

"No it's not. Leave here with me, come home." Said Han, hoping to save Ben from the dark. "We miss you." Tears started to stream down Ben's face.

"I'm being torn apart." Ben sobbed. "I want to be free of this pain!" Han immediately payed attention to his son, knowing the pain Ben caused himself, as if he was in there, screaming to be released. "I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it...will you help me?" Asked Ben.

"Yes, anything." Said Han, as Ben dropped his mask on the bridge as it slammed. Ben then unclipped his cross guarded lightsaber from his lightsaber and hands it to Han, who grabs hold of it. But Ben didn't seem to let go. Jacen felt that his cousin was back again, hoping that Ben would let go of the lightsaber. He, along with Rey and Finn turned to see that the light in the planet was gone, the weapon was charged, the room went dark, and everything went silent.....then Kylo activated his red blade, piercing through Han's back. Chewbacca cried a loud groan, Jacen finally knew that it wasn't his cousin, his uncle was stabbed to his death, and a hurricane of emotions spun around him.

"NOOO!!!" Rey yelled with tears streaming down her face. As Kylo then pulled the blade out of him.

"Thank you." Kylo said quietly, as Han slowly puts his hand across his sons face, and then fell off the bridge to his death. Something changed Kylo, he didn't feel fear, nor hatred, nor anger, he felt nothing. Chewbacca then furiously shot his bow caster at Kylo, hitting him in the side of his waste. Stormtroopers then start shooting their fire at Chewbacca, and the upper balcony where Jacen was, as he used his lightsaber deflecting there blaster fire being shot at him, Rey and Finn shot their blasters against every stormtrooper shooting at them. Chewbacca then ran back into the entrance of the oscillator and pressed the detonator, causing the whole room to explode, killing most of the stormtroopers. Kylo, in pain from the blaster fire shot at him, looked up at the balcony, sensing that someone was here. There was the traitor, FN-2187, the scavenger, and his cousin, the Son of Skywalker.

Jacen looked at Kylo, as his cousin stares at the three of them in hatred, he gets up and slowly walks toward them as the building is about to explode. They all ran out of the balcony and slid down the ladder of the exploding oscillator and into the snow. They then run to the snowy hill and climbed up on it revealing a dark snowy forest.

"The Falcon's this way." Said Finn, as Jacen and Rey follow him through the forest. Jacen has lost someone he cared about, Han Solo was gone. They all then stop as they see a dark figure holding a red lightsaber blade, fiery and unstable, along with a cross guard below the blade, illuminating across both sides of the hilt. It was Kylo, and he was not wearing his mask. Jacen held his lightsaber hilt tight, knowing what was going to happen, Rey and Finn stood behind him. There was silence as the wind blows through the snow, and the time was now.
Jacen Skywalker and Kylo Ren, face to face.