Chapter XVI: Rise of a Jedi

Rey woke up to nothing but blur. She could hear Finn screaming in pain, she then starts to regain her focus and saw Finn and Jacen fighting against the man who killed Han Solo. Flickers of red, blue, and green surrounded the forest. Rey then saw the dark robed man, formerly known as Ben, slicing his blade up against Finn's back. She then saw an angry Jacen clashing blades against him, and punching him in the face. She then saw the two pushing their hands against each other, one struggling to push the other one down. Rey then hid behind the tree, scared of what was happening. Rey didn't know what to do, she then felt the power of the force again, feeling like it was controlling her. She then heard Jacen screaming in pain.

"Use the force, Rey." Said a voice as it echoes through Rey's head. "You know he's not strong enough to fight back now." The voice said again, it was strong, yet simple and understanding.

"Who are you?" She asked, as two blue figures appear before her eyes. One of them was a human, with dark robes, and a grey beard. The other was small, old, green, and had pointy ears.

"Rey, you're our only hope now." Said the bearded figure.

"The lightsaber." The small creature said. "Still calls to you, it does." Rey looked over the tree, seeing Luke's lightsaber, buried in the snow, and infront of Jacen, who was reaching for it. His cousin apparently was also reaching for the blade with the force. "Do or do not, there is no try..." the small figure said, as Rey calmly lifts her arm in the air, and starts feeling the cold wind in her hand. Then she feels a metallic hilt. Rey sees the lightsaber hilt in her hand, she was left speechless and stunned.

"The force will be with you, always." The bearded man said as he and the small creature vanished.

"It is you." Kylo said under his breath, as Jacen sees Rey holding the lightsaber that was wielded by his father and his father before him. Rey then ignited the blue blade from the lightsaber hilt, as Kylo ignites his red blazing crossguarded blade, then the two start clashing their blades against each other. Rey swings the blade with all her might, but Kylo keeps blocking every single one of her attacks. Rey then accidentally sliced a tree down, as it falls toward the snow. Jacen then grabs his lightsaber and tries to get up without making his injuries worse. He holds his shoulder, limping his way to Finn's unconscious body, making sure he's okay. He kneels down on his good knee and checks his pulse, it was still pumping. Jacen then gets up and limps his way to the fight. He could see the red and blue blades clashing against each other.

Kylo blocked every attack Rey threw at him, no matter how much pain he was in, he's still too strong. Rey kept swinging furiously as Kylo then raises his hand, suddenly Rey was floating two feet off the ground, and couldn't be able to move anywhere. He was trying to Force choke her but due to the pain he was in, he was too weak to do it properly. Even if Rey was levitating against her will she still kept swinging her blade. As Kylo still raised his hand walking towards her, Rey's floating body drifted back, she tries using her lightsaber to make her stop drifting but it just dragged through the snow with a bright yellow trail shrouded in smoke. She did stop drifting, but Kylo then tries swinging his blade at her, but a green blade blocks his blades pathway to her. It was Jacen, who pushes the blade back against Kylo's face, as he dodges it, as Rey finally falls back down to the ground, being freed from Kylo's force lift.

Kylo then shoots Force lightning at Jacen, making the pain in both of their injuries worse, but Kylo didn't care. Jacen fell down in the snow screaming in pain as purple flurries of lightning surround his body. Rey then distracted Kylo as he blocks another one of Rey's attacks. The Force lightning stopped surrounding Jacen as he starts gasping for air, he then heard an explosion, meaning that the Resistance fighters have done it, the oscillator was destroyed. Jacen however, trying to recover from the Force lightning, holds on to a rocky wall for support, as the two kept dueling back through the hill walls, Rey then retracted the blade and climbed up the wall and jumps to the snowy hill before Kylo could strike his blade at her. She then somersaults her way through and ignited her lightsaber as Kylo chased after her as she kept blocking every strike, as another tree gets sliced down.