Chp. 11

Chp. 11 : Misfortunate

~ Just read and enjoy. ❤️

Remy's POV

Me and A'Jay decided to take things slow; it's been a few months since we did what we did, and I'm not sure what I want.

Everyday is better than the day before and there was no doubt in my mind that I felt something for her deep inside but something's holding me back.

I can't remember what...

People noticed that we were messing around and don't mind at all, surprisingly; being that we are two masculine females.

I expected nothing but negative aspects of a relationship like this. Most definitely since we aren't even together, officially.

Her parents are letting me stay in their guest room next by Angel's. I still haven't tried to reach out to my mother.

It was mid-April, and the cool spring breeze felt soothing against my skin. A'Jay and I were at the park today, our hands intertwined as we walked on the sidewalk. Her warm hands held mine where the cool air left goosebumps.

"I wanna go on the swings," I laugh as we approached the swing-set. She looked at me and grinned before picking me up without struggling. She carried me to the swings near the slide. She set me down on swing and rested her arms around my chest. I closed my eyes and embraced the feeling of the sun as she pushed me.

The swinging stops and I felt soft pecks on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see Angel smiling at me; her beautiful smile.

"What?" I asked innocently.

She blushed and looked like she was nervous before she spoke.

"Prom is coming up, and I was wondering if you'd go with me?" She grinned shyly.

I was just about to speak when she cut me off before I could say anything, "I also wanted you to know how special you are to me, and how much I love you. Remy, I have loved you ever since kindergarten when I first saw you playing outside at recess, running around the playground with a beautiful smile always painted on your face. Of course, I didn't know what those feelings were then, but when I realized it soon enough. My only regret is when you disappeared, I thought I'd never see you again. Remy, I promise to love and protect you, always." She finished and a smile spread widely across her face.

"I'd love to go to the prom with you, A'Jay." I laughed and her smile grew even wider. That's all I could say, I wouldn't lie and say "I love you too"; not yet, at least...

I was amazed she remembered all this, though. How she's been watching me all these years and I didn't ever have a clue.

She wrapped me in her strong arms and kissed me. Our souls connected and it felt like it was our first kiss all over again.

We walked back to the house, A'Jay carrying me on her back, we were laughing and enjoying each other's company. We were a few blocks from the house when someone called out to me.

"Remy?"

I looked up from where my face rested in the crook of AJay's neck and I couldn't process all the different emotions that began to collide internally.

A'Jay became tense and I saw her muscles flex. Her jaw clenched as she let me off her back. We looked at the figure before us, confusion and anger were the more prevalent emotions I was feeling.

"Chance..." I stared silently.

~ Sorry for the extra short chapter 😳 juices aren't flowing like usual. The next will be longer, for sure. ☺️