Chp. 14

Chp. 14 : Goodbyes

This will be the last chapter... 😕

~ Enjoy.❣️

Remy's POV

They were calling names to walk across the stage in our capes and gowns.

I was anxious and excited to finally graduate and continue my life with A'Jay.

My mother didn't show up but it didn't matter to me considering the fact that AJay's family accepted me like their own.

She had a huge smile across her face as she gave her speech. She was elected to speak since she had top grades, an outstanding basketball and football career, and everyone just loves her.

She got a full scholarship to this amazing school in Northern California.

The problem is I can't attend that school. There's a 10% chance of getting into that school and she was only one accepted.

It'd been three weeks since our graduation. A'Jay and I were packing up our entire lives for the last eighteen years into boxes preparing for college. I didn't want to leave A'Jay. It's crazy to believe that I fell for my best friend.

"Baby! You ready?" A'Jay asked me after loading the last box into her car.

"Yeah," I mumble with a pout and A'Jay laughed at my lack of enthusiasm.

I couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed. Tears swelled in my eyes and A'Jay pulled me into a tight hug, "Stop! I promise to text you every day."

After tearful goodbyes from her parents, we were on our way to college. A'Jay was planning on dropping me off first before she'd go to the airport.

The car ride was a hard part of the trip. We talked the whole way through it. The hardest part was saying our goodbyes.

We pulled up to the administrative building to get all the information and necessities required before I could move in.

A'Jay refused to leave until I was settled in. But I know that she really just doesn't want to say goodbye to me yet.

She opened the door to the moderately sized room and I stared at it for a good minute to soak everything in.

This was really happening...

Strong arms wrapped around me and I looked up to see A'Jay smiling at me. She picked me up and carried me into the room before placing me down onto one of the beds as I laughed.

"What're you doing?!" I barely managed to get out with all the giggling she was making me do. A'Jay just shrugged before throwing herself on top of me and she nestled herself around me on the bed which was kinda too small for us both.

"You smell so good," she said and she looked up at me with a smile before pecking my lips and laying her head back onto my chest to hear my heartbeat.

"But you smell better," I mumbled back and she laughed. "I highly doubt that."

"You smell like a bath and body works salesman all the time which is weird because I know you don't even use their products often... and I love it."

She hugged me tight before kissing me again, "I'm going to miss that smell."

After awhile of laying there and reminiscing we heard commotion outside. People were moving into their dorms and that meant my roommate was due to walk in at any moment.

A'Jay helped me unpack the last of my things and I walked her to the parking lot. We walked hand-in-hand and a lot of people looked at us. Some even shouted their support and that made it even harder to say our goodbyes!

"I love you," she kissed my lips and she left after procrastinating long enough.

I turned around and faced the campus before taking a deep breath.

Here's a start to another journey...

A/N: {YOOO! Third book finished! 🎉 I'm sorry this kind of sucks and may feel rushed because it was. 😂 Thanks for reading this book! I hope you enjoyed it.} ❤️

The End!