A depressing past calls for a brand new future

I was right outside Archie's door. My hand felt heavy as I brought it up to the door. Looking down I took a deep breath to reassure myself exhaling and breathing in and puffing out my chest while holding my breath causing tension and stiffness to consume my body I knocked on the door. The door handle started to make noises as well as a loud muffled click and the door opened. I was greeted with a bright smile which I thoughtfully returned.

"Good afternoon (Y/n) how are you doing?" His eyes shown kindness.

"I'm doing well...yourself?"

"Pretty good. Ready to begin?" He opened the door wider and moved to the side.

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess..." I stepped inside the apartment. The first thing I saw was a black leather couch. It just sat there taunting. He closed the door and walked past me to a chair next to the black fake cow skinned couch and sat down. I followed and sat on the couch. I don't know what it was about it it just was...unsettling.

"Would you mind if I took notes?" He reached for a yellow note pad and a pen.

"Uh...n-no that's fine." I started to fidget with my feet. Gently tapping my heel on the thinned out carpet in sixteenth notes. I guess he noticed my nervousness by his comment.

"This is a safe place. Anything that is said in this room stays in this room. Your words are safe with me. You don't have to say or answer anything you don't want to." I gave him a nod of approval showing I understood what he was talking about. "So what's troubling you?"

It took a second to fade back into reality from being scared out of my mind for some reason. This man was trustworthy. He's Henry's therapist for gods sake. Regina wouldn't let her son see someone that is dangerous or anything like that. Would she? Then again I think he's the only therapist...in...this...town...so... "Nothing specific I guess..." I bit my inner lip.

"Well let's not get into specifics quite yet." His eyes laid upon me gently.

"Okay...I mean...nothing is really so to say bothering me..." I averted my gaze to the table in front of me.

"Well then why did you want to talk." He leaned forward.

"To be honest I'm not quite sure. I thought I had it all figured out this morning but my mind just went blank when I walked into the hallway..." he nodded.

"Well you moved to Storybrooke a little over a month ago. Why?" He tilted his head to the side.

"W...well...I-I...uh...I wanted a fresh start you know?" My heart started to race as I thought about my real reason for moving hundreds of miles away from everything I know and sorta loved. He gave a confused look.

"I'm gonna need more then that."

"Well. My home wasn't exactly as you'd say "homey."

"And what do mean by that?"

"Well...I just had issues I guess. Wasn't exactly happy."

"Why not?" I felt my hands shake. My legs though sitting were shaking as well.

"You know it's not important really just wasn't. I just wanted a new fresh start..." he wrote things down on that yellow note pad.

"Okay. So uh...you believe Henry?"  This again?

"Why wouldn't I? No it's not fully logical but there are always possibilities. Fairy tales kept me happy and distracted me as a kid. They just made me happy. Why keep a quite mind when quite is violent?" He wrote more. After writhing for a while he looked up.

"Why is quite violent?" He questioned.

"Well I have an active imagination as people like to say. And mind likes to wander. Sound helps me focus and when there isn't any sound my mind wanders to dark places." He wrote more.

"What kind of dark places."

"Cross my heart and hope to die, burn my lungs and curse my eyes and don't forget to cut my thighs places." His eyes slowly moved up the yellow page to meet my own.

"E-excuse me?" He swallowed hard and I noticed sadness and worry in his eyes. Then I realized what I had just said... I looked up the wall seeing a clock 5:24

"Oh my! I would love to finish this conversation but I'm super late! I have an assignment due online at 6! My my I haven't even finished!" I shot up off of the couch that tried to suck me in.

"(Y/n) we really should fini-" he shot up and rushed after me.

"I would love to but I really need to do this. I'm sorry I'll pay you later."

"Don't worry about it but (Y/n)-" I opened the door and headed out.

"Thank you for talking!" I slammed the door and rushed to get my keys out of my pocket my hands shaking super bad. Once I got the key into the door I heard Archie's door open. I swung it open and slammed it shut locking it and leaned against it sliding down the cold metal.

Once I landed on the hard wood I brought my knees to my chest and began to cry. I let out all the pain that I was reminded of. All the heartache all the pain others caused me and I caused myself. I am the creator of my own pain. But I am the creator of my own happiness. I can't let my past troubles and past depressing worries and anxiety follow me. They need to stay where I left them. And hopefully they stay away forever and never find me. I need to read that book. Make me happy by dreaming of being let go. Running through the forest with not a worry in the world after finding the exit of the evil castle that was fading away behind me the further I ran. I just need to keep running.

Just keep running...running away from everything I ran from. Run further and further. Just keep running and don't stop.