Chapter 9

Your POV

last night was mostly a blur lost in random pain pills. I woke up with a dizzy fuzzy feeling coming over me. My head felt under pressure like I was at the very bottom peak of the ocean.

I threw the blankets off of my body and got in the shower.

⛵️time skip⛵️

I stepped in front of a mirror trying to make myself look any bit more appealing. Still not satisfied I sighed and sat on the floor placing my hands in my hair. After a few minutes of just sitting there I stood up and grabbed my phone shoving it in my back pocket then slipped on my coat and grabbed my keys and head out the door. I locked the door then began to walk to the stairs.
"Wait Y/n!" I stopped and just stood there. I heard Archie's heavy footsteps coming towards me. "Good morning Y/n, sorry I yelled at you I just wanted to see how your doing." He flashed a toothy smile.
"Good morning to you as well Archie." We began to head down the stairs together. "I'm doing well how about yourself?" I gave him the best smile I could muster.
"I'm doing just well!" His lips turned into a thin line as he smiled again. Doesn't seem like he ever stops...
"Well that's great you headed to grannies?"
"Oh you know me too well." He laughed.
"It seems like it is the only place to eat around here don't you get tired of it? Don't you ever want something different or new?" He just looked at me blankly and stopped walking.
"Why would I?" He looked at me with worry.
"I don't know just to try something new. It can't ever hurt to try right? I mean it seems like every day is about the same here...nothing is different. It's not organized but it's not in total disarray...but it's far from different...yet it is something far more then different..." I spaced out looking at the stare steps.
"Are you alright Y/n?" I snapped out of my trance.
"Yeah just fine maybe I'm just a little home sick." I chuckled it off.
"There is nothing wrong with wanting to stay inside your comfort zone. Maybe if you want to try something new you should just meet new people but not judge the lifestyle of others." He walked past me moving onto the next flight of stairs.
"I'm not..." I whispered to myself and slowly proceeded to going down the stairs.

I wasn't fully focused on my way to grannies. I wasn't even sure if I was even heading the correct way but it didn't bother me. I wasn't thinking of what flavor of waffle, pancake, or muffin I was going to eat this morning but more on something els...but I wasn't sure what. My mind was working without letting me know what it was working on. It was as if it had totally detached from me. Today was gloomy, my hair followed the wind but was anchored by my head. My cheeks most likely pink from the cold wind stinging my skin. I looked deep into the cement. It was worn and cracked and seemed unhappy...like I am. Why am I unhappy? Why do I feel the way I do...? What is it that makes me-I felt my shoulder be shoved back with a great force. "We have to stop meeting this way." I heard the thick accent and my heart fluttered and what felt like a actual not forced genuine smile came on my face when my eyes met the dark chocolate ones not too far away from me.
"I'm sorry I've just been zoned out lately."
"Well why may that be dearie?" He didn't look concerned but more interested with a sly grin plastered on his face.
"Not sure I guess I just have too much time on my hands sense I uh...quit..."
"Oh..." he grinned. "Well find a hobby." He turned around and started to walk away.
"Hey!" He stopped and turned on his heel.
"Yes dearie?"
"I uh...was wondering if you'd like to get something to eat?" One of his eye brows raised.
"Like a date?" My heart skipped 20 beats and I felt my face get hot and not just from the cold.
"No no no no like a meet up. You know like let's get to know each other better." I smiled hoping that I used the correct words and that it somewhat made some sort of sense.
"Like a date." His grin only grew.
"No." I rolled my eyes. "Not like a date as friends to get closer and just talk."
"It only sounds like your describing what a date is. And sorry to say but I'm not interested." He turned around once again and began to walk away. I rushed in front of him.
"I don't want you to get the wrong message here. I'm not asking you out on a date I'm asking to simply talk over breakfast that's it. And I'm sure a man like you wouldn't go for a girl like me." Clearing things up only seemed to make things worse as I had heard what came out of my mouth.
"What do you mean a man like you?" He looked at me with a smirk.
"Well-I-uh...I mean you probably are uh..." he laughed.
"Why don't you work on getting your words and thoughts together?" He began to cross the street.
"Woah woah what do you mean?" I followed closely behind almost running into people.
"From the looks of it you might want to work on your walking too." He chuckled as we arrived across the street.
"Ha ha ha very funny." I looked above me as we had stopped at a building where he was unlocking the door.
Mr. Golds pawn shop
"Why are you following me?" He turned to face me as he opened the door.
"Because I want this clarified."
"Do you now."
"Yes I do."
"Well you aren't helping the matters any I will tell you that right now dearie." He walked inside and I followed letting every item in him shop catch my eye.
"And why is that?" I looked up at him behind the counter. I walked up to him standing on the other side of it.
"Well." His face got closer to mine and my cheeks started to heat up. "How about the fact that whenever I get close to you your face turns red." He smirked.
"That doesn't mean anything!" My hands balled into fists.
"Oh really well why doesn't it?"
"Ugh because first off its cold out and second whenever someone gets that close to your face it's awkward your going to react a certain way to feeling awkward! Your just full of yourself!"
"Am I?" He leaned on his cane.
"Yeah you are!"
"Prove it then." His challenge caught me off guard.
"W-what?"
"Prove that I'm full of myself."
"Fine! How about the fact you strut all around town acting all big and tough! And the fact that you taunt people! And act like an ass to get what you want! And throw fits when you don't get what you want! And assume that I want to go on a date with you when I was trying to be friendly!!!"
"Why are you yelling dear?"
"I'm not yelling!!!" He got close to my face causing me to blush again.
"Oh but you are."
"Ugh there's no just talking with you is there?" I scoffed and he just laughed. "I'm not trying to be funny."
"Oh you don't need to." He laughed again.
"What is that supposed to mean?!" I snapped back.
"Exactly what it sounds like." I scolded him.
"Look I was just trying to be friendly sense it doesn't seem like many people are to you here."
"Were still on this? Wow...what a beggar...I knew I didn't look that bad but for young woman to be all over me like this wow...I've impressed myself." My jaw dropped. I tried to speak but no words came out.
"Pard-wha-exc-" I stammered trying to fight for words.
"It's alright I understand if you want a piece of me..." he winked.
"NO NO NO you've got it wrong I-"
"It's alright don't worry this will just stay between me and you." He booped his finger on my nose and walked into the back room.

Dear lord what have I gotten myself into...

I walked up to the back room doorway and pushed the curtain away. "WHAT?! What was that?!" He inhaled hard.
"What was what dear?"
"THAT?! Th-the thing th-that happened out there!!!" I pointed to the curtain behind me.
"I've no idea what your talking about." He smirked. I just looked at him with an irritated look.
"My memory is fading would you mind telling me what your so flustered about?" He grinned at me.
"IS THAT YOUR GOAL?!?!"
"Is what my goal?"
"T-TO ANNOY ME?!"
"Dear I'd watch your temper or it can cause bad things to happen"
"YOU KNOW WHAT FINE! Ugh why do I try to talk to you?!"
"Honestly I've been wondering that myself..." his face went from smug to serious.
"This town is fucking me up..." I turned around and whipped the curtain open.
"Y/n..." I threw my head back and turned around then looked at him.
"Yes Mr. Gold what could I possibly do for you?" I spoke in the calmest voice I've ever used.
"I'd like to take up that offer. IF it applies in the future." The annoying rage left my body all at once and a smile started to form.
"Of corse it does..." I turned around and proceeded to the door.

Somethings take a long time to understand and sometimes no matter how long we spend time trying to understand them we may never understand them until we give up and sometimes we may never at all...

🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬(Poke pinch hint hint that may apply in the future so keep that in mind😉😉😉 and I sincerely apologize it's been like literally a freaking year I'm soooo sorry...I'm trying I really am)🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬