fifty-six

an: dedicated chapter to ethansfanboy bc i had no idea what to do with this book, thanks dude :)

Bailey

I pull into the parking lot for Froyo Life. As soon as I turn the car off, my phone rings. I pick it up and check the caller ID.

Trent flashes across my screen with a picture of him. I bite my lip and glance at Grayson, who's smiling at me. "I'm gonna get this, Gray, go in without me?" I force a smile.

"Okay sure." Gray pecks my lips and walks gets out.

Once he closes the door, I answer my phone. "Why're you calling me, Trent?"

"I miss you, Bailey."

"I told you not to call me."

"I told you that one day, when I saved enough money, I was coming to visit you."

"Oh please no..."

"I'm outside your apartment."

"How did you find out where I live!?"

"You're uncle adores me, did you forget?"

I put my phone down on my lap, then rub my face. I sigh and pick it back up. "Okay, I'll be there soon." I hang up and get out of the car, jogging inside. "Grayson?"

He smiles up from the fan he's taking a picture with. "Hi babe."

"I have to go home, rain check?"

"Sure. I'll come with. Can it wait a second?"

I start mentally panicking. "Uh, y-yeah, s-sure."

Grayson finishes taking pictures with the group of girls. I wait with my lip between my teeth, mentally freaking out. "Okay, bye everyone."

"Bye Grayson." They smile and wave. Grayson and I walk back to my car.

"Why do you have to go home?" Gray asks.

My eyes widen, my eyebrows furrow, and I stare at the steering wheel. "Oh, uh..." I need an excuse or I need to tell him the truth.

"Babe, you can tell me anything." He rests his hand on my thigh.

I stare at it.

"Babe?"

"Grayson, my ex came to see me."

"Why?"

I shrug and shake my head.

"Okay, I trust you. Can you drop me off? Then, you can go sort things out with him."

I look at him and send him a worried smile. "Can you go with me? I don't exactly trust him."

He smiles back. "You got this, babe."