Chapter 14 - The Ebony Wolf

*Chapter 14 – The Ebony Wolf*

‘I like this new you. Sassy certainly does suit you Angel’ Jonah winked sauntering over to where Angelique was sitting and stood behind her. He gently stroked the flowing locks of silky blonde hair before grasping the nape of her neck and pulling her head back so that her eyes were staring up at him, he smiled wickedly before lowering his lips to hers. She thrashed around but suddenly her body went rigid as if it were being held down by some unforeseeable force; she felt Jonah smile against her lips. He then took advantage of her current position by running his hand down her throat, across her sternum and between her breasts before he slid his hand even lower until it was passing her bellybutton.

‘Jonah!’ Elizabeth shrieked, to which Jonah looked up and growled ‘what’ ‘could you please not do that in front of Veronica’ Elizabeth glanced at Veronica ‘look if you don’t wanna stay in here then get the hell out. It’s called torture it’s not supposed to be pleasant’ Jonah marched over to Elizabeth and grabbed her by the throat. He then roughly kissed her before shoving her away ‘oh I love it when you treat me rough Jonah’ Elizabeth moaned breathlessly, Jonah slapped her with full force across the face before she left the room with a satisfied smile tugging at her lips.

Jonah diverted his attention back to Angelique who was still in the same position as before; Christian however had been chained to a nearby wall with incredibly super strong steel chains by Veronica while her mother was showing how much of a masochist she was. Jonah strolled over to Angelique and scooped her up into his arms then laid her down on the fluffy, chocolate brown rug in front of the ornate ivory fireplace, he gazed into her eyes ‘I’m gonna do whatever I want with you today, I don’t care whether you want to or not, you’re going to do it because if you don’t then I’ll compel Christian to fall in love with Elizabeth and forget about you’ a tear fell down Angelique’s cheek and onto the rug below her. Jonah lowered his lips to hers once more as his hands roamed freely over her body.

Christian watched horrified and continually shouted ‘get off of her Jonah!’ to which Jonah just smirked and continued his torture, Christian yanked at his chains until he felt one give a little so he pulled it as hard as he could until one of the chains snapped but Jonah darted over to him and thrust his hand into Christian’s chest cavity gripping his heart tightly making Christian groan in pain. ‘If you don’t pipe down I’ll rip your heart out, ok?’ Jonah threatened through gritted teeth, ‘you’re pathetic Jonah! Holding a grudge for three hundred years; Angelique made her decision to be with me and that’s just something you’ve got to learn to live with’ Christian gasped as Jonah further tightened his grip on his heart.

However Jonah let out a growl of pain as Angelique cast a spell over him; Jonah stumbled backwards and yelped as his body began to transform. His bones could be heard creaking and snapping as they elongated and changed shape. His nose and jaw extended until they formed a long snout, his eyes turned from their usual caramel colour to burning red eyes full of hate and loathing, and masking a past full of evil and darkness. Finally a coat of glossy, ebony black fur grew from every inch of Jonah’s body. ‘A werewolf?’ Christian snapped the rest of his chains as Jonah stood in the middle of the floor watching as Angelique made her way to stand by Christian’s side. Angelique linked her hands with Christian’s and sent him a message through his mind ‘when I flex my fingers run as fast as you can out of the front door, but do not let go of my hand’ she knew that although werewolves could use mind compulsion they couldn’t read a person’s mind so this was the best way to communicate with Christian without Jonah being able to hear.

Angelique had been working out an escape plan ever since they entered the mansion the previous evening. Since she had previously been in in the mansion when she had been seeing Jonah she knew every possible way of escape. She knew exactly where the keys were for the front doors, she knew that the windows were only single paned so they could be easily smashed with minimal effort required. She also knew that at the back of the fireplace there was a secret passage way which led out into the garden; that was why there was always a fire blazing in the fireplace since it would stop people from finding the secret passage way.

Jonah and Angelique continued to stare at each other until Angelique lightly flexed her fingers, her and Christian darted at lightning speed out of the front door since luckily it had been left unlocked, they rushed towards the pick-up truck where they both leapt inside. Christian sat in the driver’s seat and instantly began driving while Angelique sat in the passenger seat trying to hold on for dear life. As they got to the end of the driveway they heard a series of howls and snarls then Angelique saw the Jonah in his ebony wolf form shoot out of the house and towards them; he launched himself at the pick-up truck but couldn’t get to Christian and Angelique thanks to the steel caging that was attached to the back of the truck. Angelique used her magic to make the wolf somersault backwards off the back of the truck and onto the gravel below allowing Christian to put his foot down on the accelerator sending both him and Angelique surging forwards; but the truck only allowed them to stay ahead of the ebony wolf by a heartbeat.

Just as the truck began to put some distance between them  and the wolf catastrophe struck. The fuel gage flashed red before it stopped dead in the middle of the road; Angelique and Christian darted out of the truck and continued their escape on foot but the ebony wolf was hot on their trail and snapping at their ankles whenever it got close enough to do so. Christian leapt into a tree above him, dragging Angelique along with him. The ebony wolf circled beneath them and attempted to jump up and grab them but Christian and Angelique were just too high for the wolf to reach, that is until Angelique lost her footing and slipped down the tree.

The wolf leapt and grabbed Angelique’s leg with its sharpened, jagged teeth causing her to cry out in pain. Almost instantly the wolf let go and Angelique swiftly fell out of the tree and landed on the leafy ground below with her leg pouring with blood; the ebony wolf whimpered and nuzzled Angelique’s leg but she didn’t move a muscle, she just lay on the ground as the pain consumed her and slowly allowed her body to go numb. Christian leapt down from the tree and cradled Angelique’s head on his knee; ‘don’t worry Angel, you’ll be fine’ Christian gently stroked her silky blonde hair. The ebony wolf remained next to Angelique’s leg but Christian soon turned hostile when Angelique’s eyes began to flutter closed, Christian lunged at the ebony wolf but it dodged out of the way and transformed back into its human form.

Jonah held his hands up in a surrender gesture ‘before you kill me, I know how to save her life’ Christian was mid punch when he stopped ‘how?’ ‘if my wolf licks the wound it will heal itself’ Jonah dropped his arms by his sides. Christian grabbed Jonah’s throat ‘if it doesn’t work I will personally rip every organ out of your body while you’re still breathing’ Jonah nodded his head then moved away from Christian and transformed back into his ebony wolf form with burning red eyes that were now fixed on Angelique; the ebony wolf glanced at the horrific gaping wound on Angelique’s leg and felt a deep pang of guilt but the he couldn’t dwell on such feelings. He needed to save her life so the ebony wolf bowed its head and carefully began clean away all the blood until the wound had healed.

Christian watched in fascination but when he noticed that Angelique had not yet moved an inch he once again lunged at the ebony wolf. The ebony wolf once again dodged Christian’s attack and returned to its human form, ‘dude come on you need to give it a little bit of time to work’ Jonah held his arms in front of him in a block ‘give it time to work! This wouldn’t have happened if you weren’t such a dick to hold a grudge for three hundred years and bite her when she ran from you’ Christian threw a branch at Jonah, the branch went straight through Jonah’s shoulder and through the tree behind him therefore impaling him onto the tree. Christian marched over to him and slammed his fist into Jonah’s chest and grabbed his heart tightly within his vice like grip, but before Christian could wrench it from Jonah’s chest the silence of the forest was interrupted by a quiet murmur.

Christian shot towards Angelique and rested her head on his knee  as she tried to open her eyes to look at him, after a few seconds and after a series of rapid blinks her vision focussed on the man she loved more than anything in the world. ‘You saved me’ she staggered to her feet, ‘oh I love you Jonah’ she wept throwing her arms around Jonah’s neck.