h o m e

Rose couldn't keep that smile off of her face.

Her brother, Luke, was wondering why his sister was smiling ever since she got home. It was creeping him out.

"Uh.. Rose..." Luke stuttered. "Are you... are you okay?" He asked as he waited for Rose to answer. Luke was kind of freaked out. His sister never smiled like that especially after coming home from school. He knew how much she hates school.

"I'm perfectly fine!" Rose exclaimed, with a smile.

Luke sighed. "Okay, Rose. What happened? And why the hell are you smiling so much?" He finally asked, not stuttering. He wanted to know what was up with Rose. She was smiling like a freak... no offence to Rose.

"Okay, okay," Rose said, with a giddy smile before she frowned. "You won't..um- get mad right?" She sheepishly asked Luke, as she looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

Luke frowned. "What?" Luke mumbled.

Rose let out a frustrated sigh, "Just..- just don't get mad, all right?" She muttered before telling Luke what's up. "Well.. you know.. Calum Bishop? From the..-"

"The soccer team, yeah, yeah. I know him. Wait, did he hurt you?" Luke immediately asked.

Rose shook her head quickly, "No, no. Of course not." She quickly replied. "Ugh, why am I even telling you this anyway?" Rose said, furrowing her eyebrows.

Luke frowned. "No, no, continue Rose."

"No."

"I'll buy you ice cream." Luke bribed.

Luke knew how much Rose loved her ice cream, she couldn't say no.

Rose groaned, "I hate you." Rose said as she glared at him. She got off the couch and headed towards the front door.

Luke cheered, he knew Rose would give in to this.

Luke and Rose walked to the closest Ice Cream Parlor and Rose told him why she was so happy all of a sudden.

"So... let me get his straight, you and Grace, went on a lunch date with two guys you barely know?" Luke said, eerily calm. This was not the Luke Rose knew. Rose knew Luke would be exploding by now.

"Well, I mean, we do know them. They're from our school." Rose said.

Keep your cool, Luke. Keep your cool. Luke's subconscious said. Rose is his little sister. He always protected her from everything.

"Did they hurt you in any way or form?" Luke asked Rose. Rose shook her head.

"No, no, of course not." She immediately said. Calum and Ian were really sweet.

Luke let out a sigh, "Alright, okay. Let's pay for our ice cream then head home."

"That's it? You won't like..." Rose asked.

Luke sighed, "If they hurt you or Grace, I'll hurt them."

♫ ♫ ♫

Grace also had a big smile on her face, as she entered her home. She had an amazing time today. Grace couldn't believe she hung out with Ian Roger!

"Grace, honey.. are you home?" Marissa, Grace's mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah, mum!" Grace hollered. "I'm home!" Grace said as she walked to the kitchen. Grace wondered how Rose was right now. She was probably just as happy as her.

Grace grimaced at the food her mum was making. Marissa, Grace's mum, was big on healthy eating. Marissa hates junk food with a passion. Like the burger Grace had today, Marissa would have killed Grace if she found out. Let's not tell mum, Grace thought to herself.

"Hello, Grace." Marissa smiled at her daughter. Grace loved her mother, besides her choice of food, she loved her mother none the less. "How was your day, sweetheart? Did you meet any young fellas?" Marissa joked.

Grace's face turned pink. "Maybeee..." She stalled.

Marissa frowned, "You better tell me, daughter." She said as she put her spatula down.

Grace laughed, "Alright, alright. Story time kids!" Grace grinned.

Marissa let out a laugh, "I'm a mother, young one."

Grace then began to tell her story about Ian, and how Rose spilled coffee on Calum, all the way to the park and lunch, and instead of telling her mum about the burger, she lied and said she had a salad, but of course, it's only a little white lie.. shh!

"Now, Grace, remember to use protection, I don't want grandchildren just yet." Marissa snickered.

Grace gasped, "Mum!" She exclaimed, letting out a laugh. Grace's mum could always act like a teenager, that's one thing Grace loved about her mum.

Marissa chuckled, "Alright, come on, let's go have dinner."

Grace accidentally let out a groan before covering it with a cough. Uh oh, Grace thought.

Marissa shot her a glare before sighing. "Okay, for today, I'll let you pig out." She grumbled as she handed Grace the house phone. "You may order pizza... or whatever." Marissa winced, once she said that.

Grace gasped, "Really?"

"Yes.. really." It killed Marissa to say that.

Grace grinned. "Thanks, mum. You're the best."

♫ ♫ ♫