Gotham City Stranger

"Have a good day, Jade!," my teacher shouted from the school lab.

I smiled, "bye, Mr. Jackson! See you tomorrow!" I shouted before the double doors shut with a slam.

Have a good day? Sure, okay. How was I supposed to have a good day when I know that my mother lied to me about my father.

He... He wasn't dead, he just left us. He left us for a new family in Gotham City.

I couldn't help but feel... betrayed. He left us before my eyes were fully open.

I knew my mom wasn't going to be home, she was working an extra shift at the diner.

That left me alone with these fresh thoughts about my father. Hopping into my mom's car, I quickly pulled out of my parking space and rushed home.

What I wanted to do so badly was to confront my father. I just wanted to ask him one question: why?

What if I... No... Well, I could maybe, possibly, visit my father in Gotham City? I've never been and it would probably be a great learning experience, right?

But Mom wouldn't want to go, she probably hates him. And she hates Gotham City, it was something about the crime rate.

What if I went alone? I could sprint right now with the car. A sixteen-year-old girl alone in the large city of Gotham.

Doesn't sound very right to me. I'm gonna do it though, I need to do it. I want to know why he left. I deserve to know.

Here's what I'll do: go home, pack an overnight bag, right a note for mom, take the car to the diner she works at, tape the letter to the steering wheel, take a bus to Gotham City.

Easy, right?

*~*~*~*

"Welcome to Gotham City," the bus driver said to, what I assumed, was just towards me considering I was the only one on the bus other than an old woman sitting the back. "You gettin' off?!," he asked loudly, beginning to sound annoyed.

My eyes widened with a sudden serge of energy. "Oh! Yes!... Sir, thank you!," I said, standing up straight and gathering my things.

Rummaging through my bag, I gave the man a fifty-dollar bill before exiting the bus quickly.

I planned to be back home by tonight, so hopefully, I didn't have to stay in a dingy motel. I hate those.

Fixing my glasses to the bridge of my nose, I looked around to find out where to begin. Normally, I hate being on my own in a new city, but I'll get over.

Let's search where he lives, Lawrence Savage.

I began to walk down the street, looking for an Internet café. And a few blocks down, I found one named Brittany's.

It was a cute little coffee shop that seemed new because of how clean it looked. Colorful seats spotted around the small ivory tables while the cashier counter took up most of the room.

This seems perfect!

Quickly, I smiled at the workers and rushed to an open desktop. Slipping a dollar bill into the money thing, I began to type away.

There was some website called findafriend.com and I quickly typed in my father's name. Lawrence Savage.

Got him.

*~*~*~*

After taking a cab to my dad's house, it was about six o'clock in the afternoon and I was starving. He lived in the suburban area that was around Gotham City, and to be honest, it was quite beautiful.