chapter 1

There were jingle bells heard and there were familiar puppies who had Santa hats on.

"Can't catch me, Slowpoke!" Scruffy laughed as he was avoiding his sister.

"Scruffy, where are you going?" Dot went after him. "We're gonna be late for story time!"

Scruffy soon got behind her and tagged her.

"Scruffy, come back!" Dot chased after her brother.

Scruffy laughed as they came into Shelter 17 where it was all decorated for the happy holiday.

"Ha! I lost her!" Scruffy smirked as he didn't see his sister and then kept going until he came to a corner and Dot was barking at him and it scared him in surprise. "You cheated!"

"Sore loser!" Dot laughed.

"Come on you two, it's time for story time." A puppy smiled.

"Are we late, Aunt Strudel, are we?" Dot asked as she came in with her brother to an older female wiener dog.

"It was all her fault!" Scruffy blamed his sister.

Dot gasped in response. "Was not!"

"Now, now, pups, please settle down." Strudel said.

"Do you kids wanna hear the story or not?" Cookie smiled.

The puppies then urged for Strudel to go on as she had a large storybook in front of her.

"Remember your manners." Cookie then said.

"Yes, Mama Cookie." Scruffy and Dot told their surrogate grandmother.

Strudel began to try to open the book.

"Um, you want me to get that, Aunt Strudel?" Scruffy offered.

"If you would, please." Strudel smiled as Patch and Colette came into the base.

Scruffy then helped Strudel with the book.

"Oh, Mom, Dad, you came!" Dot beamed.

"Aunt Colette, Uncle Patch!" Scamp and Angel's puppies beamed.

"Sorry we're late, we had to help with decorations at home." Colette said.

"Oh, no problem, you came at a good time, I was just about to tell them the 'Heavenly Christmas' story." Strudel replied. "I borrowed the book from Annabelle herself."

"I asked if we could borrow it for this year." An older Itchy came to Strudel's side with a smile.

"Well I'm glad she agreed." Patch smiled.

"Yeah, I was quite surprised, guess Charlie and I owe her." Itchy chuckled.

"Anyway, this is a holiday story," Strudel smiled as Scruffy helped her open the book. "About three ghosts, two bad dogs, and an evil witch."

This worried the younger puppies.

"Hmph!" Scruffy huffed. "So it is a dumb old fairy tale."

"Nope, it's actually a real story." Patch said.

"In fact, the witch was Annabelle's evil cousin: Belladonna." Colette said in a rather dark tone of voice to set the mood.

The puppies gasped in nervousness.

"Y-You mean the 'Boogie Dog'?" Dot asked.

"The very same." Annabelle's voice said as she was visiting.

The others looked as there was a glittering pink bubble and it popped to show the angelic whippet herself.

"Hey there, Annabelle." Patch smiled.

"Good morrow, my dears." Annabelle smiled back.

"You are just in time for us to start reading." Strudel smiled.

"Oh, it's a classic." Annabelle smiled once she saw what story it was. "That was how my three best Guardian Angels tried to stop Belladonna from ruining Christmas, Charles Barkin, Itchiford Dauschand, and Patch Fudo."

Patch and Itchy smiled proudly as they were mentioned. We are shown into the past afterwards and where it was leading to a familiar city.

"Are they the ghosts?" a spotted blonde puppy asked.

"Well, I'll start at the beginning and let you figure it out," Strudel replied. "It was Christmas Eve and San Francisco was preparing for a beautiful silent night."

We are shown San Francisco with everything decorated for Christmas and where a familiar group appeared.

"It's so nice to be back in San Francisco," Anne-Marie beamed, then smiled to her blonde friend. "Thanks for letting me come with you."

"No problem, what're friends for?" Darla smiled back to her. "Sorry Amber couldn't join us though since she's spending Christmas this year with her Aunt Anita and Uncle Roger."

"It's alright." Anne-Marie smiled.

Atticus was carrying Patch since the pup had somehow hurt his paw that it had to be put in a cast.

"How did you hurt your paw again?" Cherry asked Patch.

"Me and Lucky (the border collie) were wrestling and where he accidentally crushed my front paw," Patch said. "And this happened after the day I gave him his own super strength."

"Owch..." Cherry winced.

"It's okay, boy, he didn't mean it..." Atticus replied.

"I know, but it still hurt..." Patch pouted. "I'll give Lucky this, I didn't know he had it in him."

They soon saw a Christmas tree being taken to a familiar area with dogs in it.

"Shall we go in?" Patch looked excited.

"Sure." Maisy smiled.

Patch soon went ahead, not letting his broken paw stop him. He winced as he was going in, but he was able to make it inside as the dogs were singing a song to each other. Patch soon decided to join in and where he saw a pup in the same predicament he was in. "Hey, buddy..." he greeted.

"Hi!" the puppy greeted, then saw his cast. "Oh, what happened to you?"

"I could ask you the same question." Patch replied.

The puppy told Patch what happened to him and where Patch told the young puppy what happened to him. The puppy was playing on the ice with someone he knew named Martha and he had crashed and hurt himself so severally that he needed an operation.

"Oh, dear..." Patch said, concerned.

"My name's Timmy." the puppy then gave his name.

"Nice to meet you Timmy, my name is Patch." Patch smiled.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere, but I can't think of where..." Timmy said.

"You probably heard from me from Charlie, Sasha, and Mr. Itchy." Patch replied.

"Maybe..." Timmy shrugged, but smiled back.

They continued to play with the other pups.