Introduction

Hello, and welcome to The Fae Folk!

This account was designed for the purpose of supporting high fantasy writers. Whether or not your story has Fae in it, we want to create a community of like-minded authors to encourage and spur each other on towards our goals.

Nowadays, Urban Fantasy is becoming more and more popular—creating an entire planet from scratch is hard work! The Fae Folk are here to assure you that you're not alone in your quest. Be it a city in the sky or a village in a volcano, we've all been through the excruciating, painstaking process of building your world piece by piece.

There are so many details and aspects that have to be taken into consideration; sometimes you feel like you're chasing yourself around in circles. From races to religions, food to folktales, music to myths, it's easy to feel discouraged. And watching the views, votes, and comments crawl along like a snail in molasses doesn't help matters either.

Here, you'll find people to get excited about your work with you, to answer questions about whether or not you can pull that big plot twist off, and to give your story the recognition it deserves. We have contests, reviews, and interviews, and we plan to keep growing our list of resources!

Our team is made up of fantasy writers, readers, and designers who are eager and ready to help out in any way possible. You can find a list of everyone who makes this account possible in our profile description, under the name 'The High Council', and more information about them in our book of High Council member interviews. If you have questions or ideas, don't hesitate to send us a message—we'd love to hear from you!

If you're interested, follow The Fae Folk to see what sort of devilment we have in store.