Chapter 25: Of A Choosing

*A/N(s)* I'm predicting that this chapter won't be as long or just not as great as some of my other ones... but I'll make it up to you guys next chapter! Anyways, on with the chapter, out with me talking!

_______________________________________

Back at their dorm after a day of an unsuccessful trip to Emerald Forest and a regular day at Beacon, the girls Ruby, Blake and Yang had decided to wait until Weiss' return befire going off on more adventures of searching for ore.

Questions started to arrive from Ruby's peers asking where was her partner since it had been several days now where she was absent from class. All Ruby had told them was that she will be returning soon for none of what was going on were any of their business.

And if Ruby remembered correctly tomorrow night Weiss would have some sort of altercation with her father if she didn't have one already. Maybe she had a few? Weiss hadn't answered any of her friends and they couldn't help but to worry. Especially Ruby.

Weiss' absence had Ruby anxious where sometimes she would tap her foot while sitting in class and not actually sleeping like she normally did. She kept on thinking form her show day to having thoughts of Weiss. She truly hoped that Weiss would return as quick as possible, but she knew that her white haired partner has a lot on her hands.

She had at least one remedy to alleviate her uneasiness. Practice. The band members of Beacon's rock club had been practicing tirelessly preparing for their fall show. Practice had been a great distraction for Ruby to feel relieved, but once practice was over, she was back to having anxiety. She wanted and needed Weiss to be there at her show. She had written a song specifically for her and had hoped if Weiss could make it she would catch onto the hints and realize she was singing about her. But then again, who would really know besides her band and Blake and Yang?

Ruby was leaning up against the wall of her dorm starring down the her scroll waiting for a reply from Weiss. Having received nothing after sseverl minutes, she slid her scroll inside her pants pocket. Walking to her desk she opened on the drawers and removed her songwriting book. She reviewed the lyrics she had written for her mother, one she had written of her emotional experiences, and for Weiss. The one for Weiss had to be the most different one out all the songs they were going to be playing tomorrow night. She brought out Crimson Rainfall and starting to strum and hum to herself. After humming and strumming for about ten minutes her scroll buzzed. She jumped in excitement hoping it was her partner. Rather, it was from Ariel, but even that was not of any disappointment.

Hey Ruby? Aren't you excited for tomorrow?! Big day for you!

She relied back: Yes I am! But I'm also kind of nervous...

You shouldn't stress over it, it's what you've been wanting to do for the longest of time!

I know, but... that'll be the first time performing in front of so many people...

What Ruby was really anxious about, was if Weiss would be able to make it, but she wanted her words and what she said when it came down to Weiss. Also, in case Ariel did have any feelings for Ruby, but just kept in hidden for Ruby was still a little speculative on the previous message that Ariel had sent her. Maybe she was over thinking things?

Trust me, once you're on stage, you feel the adrenaline rushing through your blood, it'll be awesome!

Alright, I'll take your word for it.

On Ariel's side of the line, she was concerned about Ruby's well being without Weiss there and having yet to confess any feelings. She knew that she wanted to be there at her show, but she had matters to take care of back at home and wish there was a way she could ease things up for Ruby.