Part 5: Tease

The next day was to be spent meeting with the director and finalizing everything with storyboards and examples before the big shoot the following day. He asked for it to be done over lunch and fortunately, I was the first one there.

As I sat there in the beautiful restaurant that the hotel had to offer, I decided to take the time to check out the pictures I had taken earlier on my phone when Amy and I went exploring. I voted against telling her about Chris and I's little walk last night because I knew she'd only have blown it out of proportion and turned it into something else.

I smiled fondly as I scrolled through the twenty takes it had taken for Amy to get onto a wall and have her picture taken with the boats in the backdrop. There were so many blooper style ones with her leg in a lunging position as she tried to hoist the other one up. I deleted a few but kept the couple that I liked and found funny.

I looked up from my phone and gazed out the window. We had been given the best table in the place, on a level up from others and in the back with open walls that surrounded the table and a big bay window right in the middle that looked out over the water. As I sat opposite and watched the boats float along the glistening paradise I caught myself smiling. What a charming moment.

I couldn't tell how long I was in a daze for but I was too distracted to notice that someone else had arrived. That is, until I heard a deep voice clear their throat.

'Hey! Anyone sat here?' I tore my gaze away from the view and saw Chris signalling to the seat beside me. 'Oh! No, feel free.' I mumbled, feeling startled.

I watched as he pulled the seat out and sat down beside me. As he sat down I was instantly hit with whatever aftershave he was wearing. It was sharp and fresh; so clean smelling. It was divine.

'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm actually surprised myself, I thought I was the early one.' He said as he himself peeked at the view. I joined him, nodding my head in response to his comment; although I wasn't entirely sure he could see it.

He let out a long whistle as he admired the beautiful view. 'Not too shabby huh?' 

We watched as two older gentleman in small boats with white and red sails stopped their rowing to sit and talk to each other. The sun was reflecting off of the water and there wasn't a cloud to be seen.

I turned to look at him. 'Beats South Carolina?' I joked mockingly. His eyes creased as he allowed himself a small chuckle. 'I mean, eh, not by much.' He said as he raised his hands in a comme ci, comme ca manner. I laughed as I batted them down softly.

'Nah, I'm just playing. Everything so far beats South Carolina.' He began to look around him. 'The setting. The hotel. The food...' he trailed off but I was sure I heard him finish with 'the company...'

Before I could question him however, I could hear footsteps approaching and I turned to see the director, Dana, making his way towards us. I was surprised to see that he was by himself but then again I'd been told he was a man who knew what he wanted.

Both Chris and I stood up in greeting and I watched as he shook Chris' hand first. 'Hallo Chris, nice to see you again' he commented, his faint German accent showing through. He then turned his eyes towards me and I stuck my hand out to shake. He took it and leaned forward, kissing me on both cheeks. 'And zis is the new Evan. Pleasure to meet chu Adrian.'

I smiled. 'Likewise. I'm so excited to be here.'

As well all took our seats, I watched as he took two large A3 pieces of paper out from the bag he was carrying and laid them on the table.