Part 6: Goodbye For Now

The rest of the week went by in such a blur. For two solid days, Chris and I drove around Italy on the back of a camera truck, acting as though we were having the time of our lives. What helped of course was the fact that I actually felt like I was having the time of my life. For such a big shoot, I'd never felt so care-free. Between every take Chris and I were constantly laughing and teasing each other, especially if the other made a mistake or was the reason the take couldn't be used. Whoever the culprit was, they didn't live it down for the half an hour that followed.

On the third day, despite being given the afternoon off, I decided to stick around and watch Chris shoot his solo scenes. I couldn't help but look on in awe as I watched him transform from the goofy, funny guy I'd come to know off screen into a moody, sultry model on screen. I could feel my breathing hitch as he bent down in the scene to retrieve the bottle of what is supposed to be my perfume. His muscles flexed as he held it up and breathed it in deeply and longingly. As I sat there watching him, my head resting in my hands, I could feel myself becoming totally entranced by him.

Who was I kidding, I liked the guy. I couldn't deny it anymore. Normally it takes forever for me to even be interested in a guy so I could hardly be blamed for feeling somewhat shook that I had fallen for someone so quickly.

As Dana called 'cut' and Chris came off of his little set, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach start to form as I watched him talk to those around him. He was so good at making anyone and everyone feel at ease.

As his conversation continued, I could feel a slight blush creep onto my face as his eyes met mine from across the room. CRAP, WHY WERE YOU JUST STARING AT HIM YOU LOSER.

Instead of staying, I decided to slip out of the room to avoid having to explain myself.

The next day seemed to drag forever. It was as though as soon as I had admitted to myself that I liked him, everything had changed inside of me. I felt like I didn't know how to act around him anymore. Suddenly my ability to banter or joke had vanished, replaced by a giggling school-girl and I hated it. I was a twenty-five (almost twenty-six) year old woman, I wasn't sixteen. Why was this happening!?

It was the final day of the shoot and I didn't know whether to feel relieved or sad. This had been one of the most incredible weeks of my life. Italy had stolen my heart, in more ways than one.

The final car scene was being filmed in an abandoned warehouse just outside of town.

As I sat in my make-up chair, having my red lipstick applied, I could feel myself starting to become nervous. My leg started to bob up and down as I tried to calm myself down. The car scene wasn't going to be a big deal. Dana had told us yesterday that they felt the last commercial with Evan had been too graphic for his liking. He loved to leave things up to the imagination and so informed us that we wouldn't have to kiss. Instead it was going to be a lot of Chris' head in my neck and close-up shots of ours hands on each other's clothes as our eyes shut in passion.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I couldn't recall the last time I had kissed a guy and even then he was still a co-star. Alex and I didn't share much affection in the final months of our relationship, it had run its course long before we actually made the decision to call it quits. It had been so long since I'd felt the affection of a guy, it kind of made me sad to think about it. Sure I'd been on dates, but I was always so busy they never really made it past the first.

I mentally shook my head of these thoughts. I liked to focus on the fact that my professional life was booming and in doing so, attempt to forget about my flagging personal life.

As Giovanna finished her work and Ramone was content with my hair that was pulled now to one side in a loose braid, it was time to slip on the beautiful red silk number that I couldn't stop dreaming about. Even if this whole campaign was a flop, the fact that I got to wear this dress made it a win in my books.