Part 8: Welcome to LA - 2/2

Continued on from Part 8 - 1/2 :)

-------------------------------------------

As soon as we were in hearing distance of each other, his smile couldn't have been any wider as he said 'Heeeeeeeey! You made it!'

When he reached me, our bodies crashed together due to his momentum but neither of us seemed to care. We shared a genuinely nice hug and I couldn't help myself as I silently breathed in his delicious scent once again. Still fresh and heavenly.

We pulled away after a few seconds, each of us smiling.

'Yeah, I got here a little while ago. I couldn't seem to find you though.' I commented, still smiling.

'Ahh, I nipped out for a second.' He returned my smile for a few seconds but then his face creased up into a frown.

'Wait, wait. Please tell me you haven't been alone this whole time!?' he questioned me. I could hear the seriousness and guilt in his voice as I guess he registered the fact that I said I hadn't just arrived.

I smiled, hoping to ease his worry.

'Hey, that's okay, I-'

'Fuuuuck. You were alone.' He shut his eyes for a brief second. 'Gah, I'm so sorry, I should've thought about that! I promise, I would've texted you but I lost my phone last night and then today got so crazy I-' I held my hand up to stop his ramble.

His face gave away the fact that he genuinely seemed to be beating himself up about it.

'No, no, no.' It was my turn to interrupt him. 'I mean, I was only alone for a little bit, honestly. I ran into Sebastian and we had a nice catch up.' I stated, trying to make him feel better.

His eyes travelled to the ground. 'Ohh Sebastian, yeah, he's cool. You mentioned that you knew him.' He replied quietly, his hand now swirling a drink that I hadn't noticed he had until now.

It quickly formed in my head that he had lost his phone, which means he didn't get my text. In his eyes, I still hadn't verified how I knew him.

'Yeah, he was on Tall Bill for a few episodes back in the day. It's nice to see old co-stars after so long.' I stated, nonchalantly trying to hint that there was nothing between us.

Just like that, his eyes were back on me and his smile returned. 'Oh, yeah, that is nice.' His sudden goofy smile was causing me to laugh.

A silence fell over us but it wasn't awkward. It was as though we were basking in each other's company again, without it being too obvious.

Chris was first to break the silence.

He turned to me. 'You wanna meet some of my buddies?' He offered.

I nodded. 'Sure.'

'A'right, cool. C'mon.' He nodded his head over to where he was originally before he came over to me and made a move. I followed after him.

We re-joined his group and I was swiftly introduced to Adam, Josh, Bobby and Bobby's girlfriend Michelle. During the introductions I learned that were actually his friends from Boston who'd travelled up to visit.

I couldn't help but feel honoured that he'd introduced me to them, he could've palmed me off on any other Hollywood type here and gotten back to the friends he probably doesn't get to see very often, but he hadn't.

Just ten minutes later, I was doubled over laughing at all of their attempts to embarrass Chris. Some stories got told and others like the 'oh man, this one time in sixth grade' were swiftly intercepted by a 'NO! BOBBY! NO!' from a desperate Chris.