Half A Heart

I wrapped the soft towel around my hair before departing out the bathroom again into Harry's room. I looked around, only to find Harry nowhere to be found. I had only been a few minutes in the shower so he couldn't have been gone for long or gotten too far. I walked towards the bedroom door, removing the towel from my hair and placing it on a hook before departing out. As I slowly descended down the stairs the soft noises of a guitar being strummed played through my ears. I reached the bottom of the stairs, walking towards where I had thought the sound was coming from. I walked into the kitchen being careful to stay quiet as the guitar sound continued and grew closer. I hid behind one of the walls near the lounge room being sure to stay out of sight, the kitchen light had been dimmed so I was using it to my advantage as I peeked from around the wall. My eyes lay upon a beautiful brown haired boy with a guitar in his hands, the instrument held closely to his body as he continued to play the same few strings over and over again before singing along to the tune.

"So your friends' been telling me

 You've been sleeping with my sweater

 And that you can't stop missing me

 Bet my friends' been telling you

 I'm not doing much better

 Because I'm missing half of me

 And being here without you

 It's like I'm waking up to

 Only half a blue sky

 Kinda there but not quite

 I'm walking round with just one shoe

 I'm a half a heart without you

 I'm half a man, at best

 With half an arrow in my chest

 I miss everything we do

 I'm a half a heart without you"

As Harry finished the last of the verse, he brought a hand to his face, wiping away what seemed to be tears. He sniffled softly. I removed myself from the safety of the wall and walked swiftly towards him, his eyes darted to me his cheeks painted red and puffy. I shot Harry a half smile as he turned away from me, removing the guitar from his grip and placing it on the couch beside him. I made my way over to Harry sitting down next to him as he wiped away more tears before looking at me, trying to hide the fact that he had been crying by clearing his throat.

"Harry..?" I asked softly, placing my hand on his cheek. Harry closed his eyes at my touch, resting his large hand over my smaller one taking in the motion as his thumb pad rubbed over my knuckles. 

"What's wrong?" I watched as he slowly opened his eyes looking into mine as he removed my hand from his face, bringing it to his mouth and applying small kisses to the top of it. 

"Nothing." I raised an eye brow to him.  I placed my hand on his cheek, looking into his beautiful eyes.

"It's a long story." He exclaimed, fidgeting with his fingers running the pad of his thumb over his knuckles softly. "I'll listen." I placed my hands over his larger ones turning cross-legged to face him.

//////

/////

////

///

//

/