~2~

Chapter Two

"Will I be taken back to my living area?" I ask Dr. Chambers. He furrows his eyebrows.

"You will be taken home." He tells me with his face all tight.

"You seem tight." I tell him. Sitting on top of the cushion he told me to sit on. I brush my finger over the blanket on top of me. It is blue.

"Tight? Do you mean tense?" He asks. He comes in here a lot. He says this is a hospital. And I'm staying in room 203.

"Your face is tight against your bones." I say looking all around. There are lots and lots of green and red stick things in tall cups of glass. "What are those?" I point to the green sticks with the red ends.

"Flowers." He tells me. "Roses to be more exact. Now Aria-"

"My name is Experiment 0381." I tell him. Pushing my lips together. Making the face Dr. Murphy makes when a test fails.

"Experiment 0381," He starts making his voice softer and smiling. "Your parents are going to be here soon"

"Parents." I test the word. It's familiar. "That's a male and female who procreated right?" I smile big. I know I got it right.

"Yes. They procreated you." He tells me nodding and smiling. "When your mother gave birth to you she named you Aria."

"Mother. That's the female. But I don't have parents. Dr. Murphy says they died. When a plane was flying it fell onto the earth and blew up. They were piloting it." I slow my speech on piloting. Not remembering how Dr. Murphy pronounced it.

"They didn't die. They lived in a big home with you. And your older brother. You were kidnapped by Dr. Murphy and his group of scientists. They were studying you." Dr. Chambers pushes his lips together. "Some police officers will come in to get your statement. They want to know everything those people did to you."

"People? Police officer? Brother? Kidnapped?" My head spins. "You're lying. Dr. Murphy is a doctor. He told me not to tell you anything." I hear the beeping thing beside me start speeding up. The lines on it are an up and down pattern. I look down at my arms. There is a tube in my arm and something on my finger. I pull them off feeling a tiny burst of pleasure.

"Aria calm down!" Dr. Chambers raises his voice. I shake my head tears in my eyes.

"You keep lying! Dr. Murphy wants me to go back to my living area!" I raise my voice like his. Starting to stand. The gown they have me in is blue. Dr. Chamber presses a red button on my bed and reaches for me. "I didn't do test 2 or 3 I need to finish my tests!" I raise my voice higher. Tears down my face. Dr. Chambers grabs my arms and he makes me lay on the bed.

"You need to lay down, Aria."

"Stop calling me that!" I try to get up. But his hands are holding me down like the straps on the chair Dr.Murphy uses.

"Sedate her." Dr. Chambers tells the females and males that come in the hospital room.

"Stop! I need to go back to my living-" I stop as a burst of pleasure shoots through me. Looking over I see a female pushing a tube like thing into my arm. "What is that?"

"A sedative. We used a needle to push it in." Dr. Chambers says. My eyes get heavy and I feel like I want to sleep...

~~~

"Aria," I open my eyes. Looking around. Dr. Chambers is looking at a white thing and peeling it apart. "Your parents are here. Do you want to see them?"

"What are you holding?" I ask.

"A package of papers. It's got information on you." He tells me. I look down at my arm. It has the tube thing in it. The finger tube is on too. There are straps on my wrists.

"Are you going to do test one?" I ask. Looking at the straps. I smile.

"What is test one?" He asks. Furrowing his eyebrows. I push my lips together.

"Dr. Murphy says not to tell you." I put my lips down like he's doing.

"Well, Dr. Murphy is a bad Doctor. He was hurting you. I'm a good doctor. I won't hurt you."

"Are you being facetious?" I ask quietly.

"Um?" He takes a step back. "No."

"I am not unintelligible. I don't know common things. But my knowledge is above average for my age." I quote my only female doctor.

"My apologies, Aria." Dr. Chambers says.

"Why do you call me that?"

"It's your name." Dr. Chambers answers.

"My name is Experiment 0381." I tell Dr. Chambers.