[0] Prologue

The stars lit up the sky as time passed, showing new ways for riffed boys. Hope could always be reborn again. Long gone partner, though... nowhere to be found.

Joseph Mark Trohman was locked up in the chains of oblivion. "Never ending up like him"... a promise that couldn't be kept easily. The one before him took the same path and, eventually, Joe sank deeper than who seemed to be his true love.

He swore to himself to never open his heart in front of someone like he did last time. But his attempts were always in vain, falling in love every single time.

Love was a forbidden thing. At least that's what he wanted now. As addictive and pleasant, it was an object that must've been kept in the past.

But deep inside, he always knew that it couldn't last. He was his last, defining scar that tore him apart, breaking him into little pieces. And the vague feeling that he was following the chain already was poking him at every step.

His only hope was that at least he'll end the chain for good.

» author's note «

for those who didn't already decide to stop reading this and didn't read the entire summary, i think it is pretty important to list the content that may not be suitable for everyone and can be disturbing: violence, explicit language, homophobic slurs, pretty explicit description of usage of drugs and alcohol, massive character death, graphic depictions of sex and suicide. 

i will try my best to put trigger warnings before every chapter that may be very disturbing and may need a separate warning.