Spy Games

"I think we might be in over our heads! Steve looks like he's gonna blow a fuse." The voice in the earpiece hisses.

   "What?" Natasha looks up from her perch on the couch, trying to keep a casual expression as Steve walks into the room.

   "I didn't say anything" Steve takes a soda out of the fridge and downs it in one gulp "Are you and Clint playing spy games again?"

"Pfft" The Black Widow makes her tone harsh "We don't have to play spies, Rogers - unless you're hiding something."

Steve eyes her deadpan expression. "I thought you knew everything there is to know about me."

"Touché" she laughs just a little too cheerfully at Steve's annoyed expression.

   The Captain ignores her and heads to his room.

As soon as Steve is out of earshot, Nat turns her attention back to the earpiece  "Widow to Hawk. Abort mission. Repeat. Abort mission."

   There are muffled thumps in the ear piece and Natasha chews her lip.

   "What in the - Are you kidding me, Clint?" Steve's tone is incredulous "Get out of my room!"

   There is another series of thumps and heavy breathing.

   "You let him catch you?"

   "No comment" Clint breathes into the earpiece.

   "I know you're listening, Nat" Steve's voice rings through the hall.

   Natasha groans "What kind of spy are you, Clint? It's not like I asked you to plant a bomb in his room."

  "You have nothing to say, Ladybug." Clint retorts "You blew our cover!"

"I did not!" Natasha sounds hurt.

"If you had just-"

Tony's voice carries over the earpiece. "Oh my God, Barton! Romanoff! Will you shut up?"

Natasha snorts and Clint spits.

"Language!"