Chapter 52 - Jackson Wang

Mooyeon's POV

After three days of travelling we finally arrived at the destination Taehyung directed to.

It was a vivid town with maybe everything you would search for in this time.

"Taehyung-DaeJang, don't you think that there are too many people here? Doesn't that increase the possibility for us to get caught?" Hyangin asked, holding Taehyung's arm tightly.

"Just because of that it makes this place that safe. Under all these people I doubt that the soldiers would ever recognize us as long as Mooyeon keeps wearing normal clothes." he explained.

Yes, I was wearing historical clothes like everyone else here. I wasn't a prophet anymore so I didn't have the responsibility to wear my uniform like before.

"Hyangin, don't worry." I comforted her. "Taehyung must know exactly what he's doing so all we have to do is to trust him."

"Huh? Yeah, I know. Thank you Mooyeon." she said, not looking at me.

"Don't you want to get in the gama with me? You'll get a cold." I offered.

"No. I'd prefer staying outside." she replied.

Well... OK, I guess?

"Taehyung, how is this town called, by the way? I don't know the letters there." I asked.

"We are now in DaeGu. It's not far away from DongGyeong. So your guess wasn't that wrong last time." he answered.

This is DaeGu? I couldn't believe that we already travelled such a great distance.

I always wanted to visit DaeGu but I never got the chance to do so.

It's incredible to see the difference of a place from past to present.

I looked through the gama window and observed everything we went by, thinking that I must have missed a lot from this time.

Soon, we stopped at a restaurant to eat something and after a while I saw a bunch of people not far away from us.

"Taehyung, do you know what's going on there?" I asked him, looking at the mass.

"Uhm, seems like there are some people offering themselves for sale." he said, munching on his noodles like he didn't care.

"Selling themselves? How should that work?" I asked shocked.

"Lady Mooyeon, let me answer your question. There are a lot of possible reasons why people would offer themselves for a sale. Like their parents died and they need money for the funeral or they want to take revenge but aren't able to do so. In this case, the one who bought them has to do it and they'll be working for him until death." Hyangin answered.

I nodded as I understood her. That doesn't sound humane to me but I had to admit that this must be something normal in this time.

"I've been here for over a year now, but still, there are so many things to learn." I sighed.

"Scandalous! You know why I'm this rich? I've never payed money whenever I bought something. Little wealth depends on frugality, big wealth depends on Heaven, enormous wealth... only comes from not paying money. I would like to keep this rule. Now come!" I suddenly heard someone shout from the direction of the mass.

Curiousness hit me and I dragged Hyangin and Taehyung with me to see what was going on.

"Mooyeon, at least let me finish my noodles first!" Taehyung whined but came with me though.

I put my finger on my lips, signalling him to be quiet since I wanted to hear them clearly.

"Your daughters may come with me and be my concubines." I saw a white clothed man with a fan say. I couldn't help but think that he looked a little ridiculous with his voice and gesture. A typical prig.