Chapter 81 - Fall

Mooyeon's POV

I was dreaming about the little girl again. This time she turned into an elementary school girl.

She was doing the housework, which was really uncommon for a child of her age.

Cooking, washing, cleaning, laundry...

She almost did everything in the house without having a break. I looked through her homework and the pages were all filled.

She finished the whole workbook beforehand.

After a while the mother came back with a very dark mood while the daughter kneeled on the ground with a wet cloth in her hand.

"Welcome home, Eomma! I already prepared lunch and did the laundry." the girl proudly said but the mother didn't show any emotion.

"Eomma..." the girl was searching for anything to make her mother happy.

"Today, I earned a little bit money as well." she gave her mother rumpled bills which the mother silently took. "5000 Won. Sorry, I couldn't make more. I did all the homework for the boys, I even carried their bags but they are too mean."

Her mother was about to ignore the 8 year old but she noticed something her daughter was wearing.

"What is that on your neck?" she glared.

"Nothing..." the girl tried to hide the necklace under her shirt.

"Don't lie to me! I've seen that necklace before! That belongs to Haeun. Well done. Only 8 years old and you already learned to steal! What are you going to do when you're an adult? Rob?!" the elder yelled.

"Eomma... I didn't steal it. Haeun gave it to me as a keepsake before she moves to England with her family. I really didn't steal it." the girl began to cry.

The mother widened her eyes for a moment.

"Even if she gave it to you, you still don't have the right to take it! You think that you also can feel rich or special by wearing that? Don't even think about it, I won't give you the chance! You're just like your father. Your whole existence was a mistake. I... I have to teach you a lesson." the furious mother rolled up her sleeves and dragged the girl by her hair just to push her head into the bucket besides them that was filled with cold water that was used to clean the ground.

The girl struggled against the grip of the woman, begging her to stop but she wasted her energy for nothing.

"You and your mother ruined my life! This is nothing compared to that!" the mother cried until she also didn't have the energy to abuse the child anymore.

Is this the way someone would treat the child if it isn't their own?

I woke up, crying.

"No way that I would let Vincent even touch my child."

Jungkook's POV

"Mooyeon, that's crazy! I don't support this idea." I shouted at her after hearing her plan.

"Jungkook, that's the only way I have now. And I don't have much time anymore. Vincent will surprise me with the shipping anytime this week." she frowned.

"I know what you're afraid of and I can understand that you're nervous. But... this is just way too dangerous." I complained. "If Seokjin was here then we could still discuss about it but now... I don't want to take the risk. What if something happens to you or the child? Taehyung would never forgive me."

"He's right, my cute little sister. The only doctor here is this perverted Kang DaeBoo. I don't really trust him." Gaee added.

"Stop trying to convince me. As long as there's a little bit of chance, I will try it. If I wait until Vincent gets to touch the baby I have no doubt that he would do terrible things with it. I didn't ask you for your opinion though, I just wanted to inform you about the time when all of you have to leave this house." she explained, determined about her plan.