11. love-shape-bullshit

There we stood

There we stood. Hand in hand. His fingers laced with mine. It felt good. He was mine. He was finally mine, but right now I knew things would be more rocky between Farkle and Riley. We walked downstairs and noticed they were both awake. Farkle was on his phone and Riley was sitting next to him. They weren't saying a word. Isadora and Zay were still passed out together. They were the only stable thing we had around here.

"Good morning, honey." I said in a low voice as her eyes met mine. They moved to Lucas's fingers and mine together and her eyes lit up. Which caused Farkle to look up over at us with a smile on his lips.

"Let's go to the table." I offered as they followed us to the other room so the other couple could get their rest. I took a seat next to Riley and Farkle sat across from me next to Lucas. We looked at eachother for a moment not saying a single word. I didn't know how to start the conversation. We were all drained.

"So..," I said softly as their eyes drew to me, "What's next for us?"

"This love square or whatever it is. Is over, right?" Lucas raised a single eyebrow as he looked next to him. Farkle kept his head down as he twirled his phone.

"Was it ever a love square? I like Farkle. Farkle likes me. You like Lucas. Lucas thought he liked me, but he likes you." Riley clarified looking at me as she spoke.

"Why did you kiss him?" Farkle's familiar voice was deeper, as if he was still asleep, chimed in.

"I wanted Lucas to figure it out. I wanted to figure it out too. It didn't feel like anything. I just want you, Farkle." Riley explained with a small groan escaping her lips.

"So you contemplated it? I never questioned how I felt about you, Riley. Yet, when the face comes back, you have to see if there's still something there?" He snickered sitting back against the chair locking eyes with her.

"It's not like that Farkle!" Riley argued, "I never once stopped having feelings for you."

"Guys. Chill out." Lucas looked between the two.

"Maya, might be fine with it. That's okay. She might understand more than I do, right now, but I don't deal with whatever love-shape-bullshit thing. The fact that Lucas can come back into our lives and think again you were gonna fall for him." His voice turned harsh as he turned his head towards Lucas.

"I never thought th-" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows.

"You didn't bother calling either of them while you were in Texas. The whole fake boyfriend thing to make my ex boyfriend jealous is ridiculous. You wouldn't have told either of them you were in New York. Zay or Isadora would've." Farkle had single handily called out all of us. Riley kept her head down and Lucas seemed to divert his eyes away from me.