Start the mission 2

At the inn

When the seven of them finished eating their large dinner, they took a bath and went to their respective rooms, that are only side by side.

Miranda was very tired from all their walk and when she and Lenalee entered their room, she immediately sat down the couch, resting.

Lenalee saw this and asked her if she was so tired to which Miranda answered that she was. So Lenalee told her to sleep first while she just go and get some water downstairs.

The two told each other good nights. Miranda walking towards the bed that was far from the window and slept, while Lenalee went out of the room to get some water.

Lenalee slowly and quietly went downstairs, being careful not to wake up the other people inside the inn, went to get some water at the lower ground of the inn.

"Lenalee what are you doing here?" Someone suddenly asked.

Lenalee turned around and saw Lavi, not wearing his bandana, and she was relieved that it was only Lavi and then told him that she only came to get some water to drink.

After answering Lavi's question, there was a split silence between the two of them before Lenalee decided to ask the same question Lavi asked to her.

"me? Just walking around. I'm bored in the room-sa" Lavi answered putting a 'sa' at the end of his sentence like he always does.

Lenalee then wondered why he was bored when Bookman is there in the room. Usually during breaks, Bookman would always nag Lavi about reading a history book or something that Lavi doesn't like.

And when Bookman is not around, Lavi would just usually lay around somewhere with Allen or Krory whenever he is bored.

And Lenalee finally decided to ask Lavi why he is bored, to which Lavi answered that his ears were hurting from hearing all of Kanda and Allen's arguing while Bookman was with Krory reading a book of something.

Thinking that she would also become bored when she gets back to the room, she decided to ask Lavi to go out for a walk with her, since Lavi was also bored.

And after receiving an okay from Lavi, she went back to the room and only putted the water on the table and immediately went back downstairs where Lavi was waiting for her.

The two of them walked around the small city and found no people around the places they walked by. They both thought that it was strange, but then saw the time, it was already midnight.

And then suddenly, they heard a very loud sound of an explosion somewhere near them.

At the inn

"That was..?" Allen said out of nowhere, in the middle of his and Kanda's fight.

And Allen just annoyingly told him that he knows that it was an explosion and the question he meant was why there was an explosion.

Kanda, not knowing why there was an explosion, just ignored Allen's question to him and turned his head away from Allen.

And in place of Kanda, Bookman explained to Allen–more like to them all, that in this town, it is normal to hear gun shots or even have explosions since some people usually fight during night time.

"I see.." Allen said, understanding what Bookman said.

After a few minutes they heard another sound of explosion but this time it was louder and it felt nearer to the inn and room they are currently in.

"are there people outside?" Allen asked and then opened the door after hearing someone knocking at the door.

It was Miranda. She had a very worried expression on her face and had both of her hands on her chest, worriedly asking if Lenalee was in the room with them.

But much to her dismay, Allen told her that Lenalee was not inside the room with them.

"Lenalee..she said she would get some water"Miranda said to herself in a loud enough voice that everyone in the room could hear.

"if she is outside while the explosions are happening she'll be fine" Kanda harshly said as he watched the outside from the window.

"bu-but..!"Miranda said still panicking.

"akumas!"Allen said, feeling 4 presences of level 2 akumas.

After hearing what Allen said, the other guys stood up from their places and was ready to run out of the inn to fight the akumas.

"hope they did not beat all of the akumas so that I can drink their blood" Krory said, licking his lips then his thumb out of excitement.

He couldn't wait to drink the akumas blood since he couldn't drink any for a whole day already.

They ran outside the inn and went to find Lavi and Lenalee in the town. They decided to split into two groups and after running almost half of the town, they saw two people on the ground ready to attack again even with the wounds they have.

Allen then noticed that the two people were Lavi and Lenalee. They both have injuries on their bodies but Lavi was the one who had most injury between the two of them.

"Lenalee! Lavi!" Allen shouted as he ran towards the two why were standing up.

"are you two alright?" Miranda asked worriedly and checked on Lenalee and Lavi's wound.

She was about to activate her innocence, Time Record, when Lavi stopped her by putting her innocence away from her hand and telling her that they were fine and just received some few scratches.

"only those akumas huh?"a voice suddenly said, with a happy tone of a kid's voice.

________________________
That's all for chapter five