Zwei... Hier Komm die Sonne

It was at last night's dinner the dwarves realized Sarah's true intentions. They first thought she was an innocent passerby who was hungry and lost. Now, they saw her for her malevolent ways.

The dwarves came home, fearful. They had found more gold, but they were too afraid to tell her. They had told her to leave, but she refused, and made them bend over her knee so she could spank them. Their pain filled cries filled the house. Till was the last to be spanked. With each dwarf, she would hit harder. He limped away towards the table, but refused to sit.

The next morning came, the day went, and the dwarves came home. They hadn't found gold this day, and for that, Sarah had special ideas for them. She threw a long heavy rope to Richard. "Cut it into six lengths, and tie up your friends."

"But-" She raised her hand and caused the dwarf to flinch. He then did as she asked. As he did so, he started to cry.

"Good boy. Now turn around." She tied his hands and pushed him towards the others. "Follow me." She lead them to their mine. Attaching collars to them and tying them together with more rope, she undid their hands and forced them in. "If either of you leave before you find more gold, I promise you, it won't be pretty." With those words, she left.

It seemed like years to the dwarves before they found a nugget. Ollie was ecstatic, then he remembered what had happened. "I don't want to go back, guys." He said as he placed his treasure in his pocket, going back to digging. Four hours had passed. They took a knife and cut off the collars. The six little men walked back to their home with solemn faces. The place that had once been their sanctuary, was now a place they feared to return to. They stepped in to find Sarah was gone. They rejoiced. Till smiled and offered to make dinner, wanting to get back into the routine they were accustomed to before Sarah showed up.

They sat at the table and started to eat. Then, the candle they had lit blew out as the woman returned. She sat at the end of the table and smirked. "Any gold?" Ollie stood and pulled his nugget out and presented it to her. "Great." She smiled. "Any more?" The six shook their heads. She glanced at the nugget, then hit Oliver right in the face. He fell back onto the table, knocking several bowls and plates to the floor.

He sat up and rubbed his now bloody nose. He didn't say anything, but everyone knew what he was thinking. 'Bitch.' "I'm going to take a bath. Don't bother me." She went into the small bathroom and shut the door with a bang.

The next morning, the dwarves awoke. Sarah wasn't awake as she usually was. They didn't see her lying in the beds. Christoph opened the bathroom door and gasped. There she was, lying there, a blueish tint to her lips. A syringe with gold particles was next to the tub on a plate. He held it up and shook his head."She's gone." There was a hint of sorrow in his voice. Personally, he liked her. She may have been mean, but she offered to make breakfast every morning and dinner every night.

"We should dress her." Flake grabbed her clothing as the others pulled her out of the tub. They dried her and dressed her, and brushed her hair.

Till then left. "I'm going to make a glass coffin, that way we can always see her beauty." He came back two hours later. Several panes of glass were placed into golden picture frames and were welded together. A bed of flowers was inside and a pillow was as well. "I'm done." The five others nodded. Till and Richard hoisted up her waist. Flake and Paul held her arms, and Chris and Ollie carried her legs. They carried the woman outside to the coffin, gently laid her down, and placed the glass over her. "What now?"

Richard looked at the mountain that contained their mine deep below it. On top sat a barren tree. A single pink flower hung from its branches. "Let's take her up there." He pointed. "She always said how she missed the view from her home. She told me it was on a hill." The others nodded.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Why are they treating her so good when she was so cruel? Well, they saw through her flaws. They saw that she was kind, and that she cared. But they also saw they helped to corrupt her. If they had never brought up gold the first day, she wouldn't have been so cruel.

Before leaving, Richard ran into the house and came back out with a small instrument. It was a guitar he had modeled after a picture of one he saw. The path to the mountain top was a long and winding one. The six dwarves had to stop multiple times because the weight of Sarah would tire them out quickly. They didn't eat at all that day. Their sorrow would overwhelm them. They would always wonder what Sarah was making. She was a fantastic cook. After several hours, they made it to the top and slowly placed her coffin under the tree. They sat there, looking at her, admiring her. Richard looked up at the clouds rolling in on the horizon. He took the guitar he was carrying on his back and started to play a chord. Then another, and another. With his back turned to his friends, he continued to play, watching the horizon. "Eins. Hier kommt die sonne. Die Sonne scheint mir aus den Händen kann verbrennen, kann euch blenden."

"Wenn sie aus den Fäusten bricht." Till joined in. His deep bass voice stunned the others, though they've heard him sing before. It was filled with pure hatred. There was no sorrow.

"Legt sich heiß auf das Gesicht." Paul's gentle voice cooed as he sang.

"Sie wird heut Nacht nicht untergehen." Chris' voice was deep and soothing. Richard smiled as he heard his friends sing with him.

"Und die Welt zählt laut bis zehn." Flake and Ollie joined in. Richard continued to strum.

All six dwarves started to sway in rhythm as they sang their song. "Eins. Hier kommt dies sonne. Zwei. Hier kommt die sonne."

After the guitarist stopped, they turned to face the tomb of the woman they admired and adored for her beauty, and the innocent and caring lady that was masked by the drug. Everyone, but Till, kissed their fingers and placed the fingers on her coffin, as they headed back down the mountain, just as the thunderstorm rolled in.