Epilogue

"Up and at 'em! C'mon, wake up wake up wake up!" I yelled as I ran down the hallway with the boy's dorms, still in my pajamas myself. "I have to tell everyone something, and you'll want to be awake for it!"

One by one, the doors on either hallway began opening with scruffy heads of hair poking out. Today, unlike the others, was the weekend. I couldn't wait to tell everyone...the sad, but happy news. I'd tell them who I really was.

"What the hell, Jen?" Jean slurred, and I laughed and nuzzled his head.

"Get up! I know it's the weekend, but this is worth it!" I exclaimed so everyone could hear.

He moaned again.

I laughed. "Hey, if you get to main hall faster than Eren than I'll give you my desert tonight!"

"I HEARD THAT!" came the muffled response from a few doors over.

"You were meant to!" I called. Connie walked out, rubbing his eyes.

"The hell's with all the commotion?" he asked.

I tapped his cheek. "Another day. Get up and face it."

They rolled their eyes, and I continued doing the same to the girl's dormitory hallway. Thanks to the noise I'd caused in the boy's hall like a parading elephant, the women were already getting set and pulling clothes on. Yeah, it was 8 a.m. but they needed to move, move, move. It would take awhile to explain what happened.

An hour later everyone was ready, mumbling curses and having dark circles rim their eyes. Before I began, we had a quick breakfast that I prepared. It was the least I could do after waking them up against their will. There wasn't much chatter or discussion, partially because everyone was still asleep. Actually, Armin fell asleep while sitting upright, and then Connie pushed his head into the bowl of wheat and milk he was eating. After Armin stopped sputtering and yelling at Connie for dunking him in his cereal, he went to have a shower to get it out of his hair and clothes.

It was another twenty-minute wait while he did that, so I let everyone have a quick nap. When Armin came back, towel over his shoulders, I sat them down at the table and stood up.

"So, are we gonna start now?" Ymir crossed her arms.

I nodded. "Sorry about waking you all up, but it was necessary."

"It's okay, Jen!" Krista said, even though she was still rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"It most certainly is not," Jean grumbled.

"Guys, quiet. If it wasn't important, she wouldn't have woken us," Eren said, and everyone quietened.

"Alrighty then," I sighed, "I'll start. "You have to believe everything I say, okay?"

"And what if we don't?" Connie asked.

"That's your choice."

"How do we know it's the truth?" Mikasa asked, and I rubbed between my eyes. "Because it's not like I'd gain anything if I lied, now would I?"

"Can we start now? I'm anxious," Sasha said with a yawn.

I nodded again. "Yes. First of all, I need to say that I didn't grow up here. Weird, I know, but listen. I grew up in another world, called Earth. In fact, Earth is in a time frame about 2,000 years before now. We have a theory called the 'String Theory' or the 'Multiverse' theory. They state that any dimension can exist outside our minds, and possibilities are infinite. I lived in a world with a horrible family, and then I was taken here when I fell asleep..."

They looked at me, mesmerized, and almost horror written across their faces. I'd finally gotten it all off my chest.

How I didn't belong; where I disappeared to during that week in Stellacinque; the person who told me I was the last Gifted One, and how I'd gotten no sleep for two weeks. When I told them about my beatings, and how Rick accidentally killed me by breaking my ribs and launching them into my lungs and sternum, some of the women started crying. Jean looked stoic and scared of me, Connie looked like everything he loved had been torn away from him, Sasha was tearing up, Krista was crying, Ymir was clenching her fists, Armin looked traumatized, Mikasa was emotionless, and Eren was squeezing his eyes shut. I'd died, I'd forgiven my dad, and now I was stuck here in another dimension.

I felt my cheeks heat up and blinked tears back. "I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you," I murmured, and sniffled. "It's just... I'd sound crazy. You probably think I am crazy."

I waved my arms in an incredulous fashion. "Great! Now I'm insane. You know what, I'm sorry. I know it's weird and out of the ordinary but I swear on my life that it's true and that I didn't make it up and-"

"Jennika." Eren stopped me, and I shut my trap.

He looked back and forth at my other friends, and then settled his gaze on me again. "We believe you."

I brushed away my tears. "I'm so sorry I couldn't say anything."

They stood up, and I felt Eren pull me into a deep hug. "Stop crying. We understand," he whispered into my hair.

Sasha nodded and gulped. "There's no way you could've made all of that up."

I stepped back, and looked at everyone. "So, do you believe me? Is it okay if I stay with you from now on?"

"No." Ymir glared, and Krista looked pretty peeved off.

"Ymir!"

"We're gonna throw you over the wall as Titan feed!" She chuckled. "What do you think?! You're a recruit of the 104th Trainee Squad!"

I smiled. "Thank you so much."

"Wait." Armin raised his hands. "So does that mean you've seen the sea? And deserts and glaciers and molten rock?!"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I have."

Everybody freaked out and started asking about what it was like two millennia before then, and just like that, we were launched into another joyous topic that could have gone on for hours.

It was Sunday, so the rest of the day was free. I told them some more about my world only because they asked, including technology, which was pretty difficult. Explaining iPods and TV was even harder. When I mentioned how they could play music, they begged me to sing and show them some music.

I disagreed because I was so shy, but an idea came to mind. If I thought hard, could I maybe bring an item from one dimension to another? Sort of like alchemy, if it could be called that.

"Wait a moment!" I exclaimed with my arms out, and all the chatter stopped. "I wanna try something out..."

I put my arms down, and lowered my eyes. Closing my eyes, I imagined the person that first told me I was a Linga Sharira. Was that God? Anyways, I focused on my old iPhone, and sent out a silent wish.

Please let me do this, I thought, I want them to know that I am a Linga Sharira. Prove what I've said with one last piece of evidence...

I closed my eyes and held my hands out, feeling like a total dork. But hey, if it worked, then that didn't really matter. It's like energy was being sapped from me, and I clenched my eyes shut and bit my lip. I felt tired immediately, and opened my eyes a little.

I felt faint, and the world was being viewed through a tunnel. The room spun, and I felt a buzzer sound in the back of my head. Your energy's gone! it beeped. My eyes rolled back, and I heard Eren yell as he barely caught me. Jeez, I fainted?

"Jennika! What are you doing?!" Eren asked like I was insane.

My vision cleared, and I just grinned from ear to ear. Raising my hand, I saw my old iPhone in my palm.

"What's that?" Mikasa asked, and I stood up with Eren's help.

"An iPhone."

"The thing you were talking about?!" Armin said, like he was scared of it.

"Don't worry, it's fine!" I waved him off, and selected the first song I thought of.

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.

At first, everyone looked pretty scared of it, but then started listening to the music. They smiled back and forth, and Krista started humming along as best as she could. Jean was shaking his head like it was a dream, but was still smiling. I danced a little and mouthed the words, pointing at Eren as I chanted, "I've got the moves like Jagger!"

He looked slightly startled before pointing to himself. "Me?"

I nodded, a huge grin on my face. "I told you! Now do you believe me?" I asked, and they all nodded in unison.

"We'll never doubt you again," Sasha said and laughed.

"Good. But now I don't have to sing, right?"

"Oh no," Eren said mischievously, "you're still singing for us!"

"Screw you all."

The day ended soon enough, and on Monday, I couldn't wait to start my new job as a recruit of the army alongside the rest of the troops. I didn't tell Levi, Erwin, or Hanji about the whole "Linga Sharira" business, because they didn't need to know.

At 7 a.m. we were lined up, with Erwin inspecting us like normal. He walked past us, and I kept my gaze steady.

Posture straight, feet together, arms pointed to the ground, I thought.

"Salute!" Erwim called, and a simultaneous shuffle was heard as we saluted.

One arm behind your back, fist over your heart, and feet shoulder-width apart, I thought, and smiled.

"Today," Erwin started, his voice booming, "we are starting a new effort. We will not be leaving the Walls for about 5 years, if this plan carries through."

Excited whispers filled the air, and Erwin carried on like we weren't talking. The crowd hushed, and the soldiers gave goofy smiles back and forth.

"We will be starting a new mission. No more expeditions beyond the Walls. We will be starting what we've named the Reclaim Wall Maria Project. Or, RWMP," he said, and our excitement escalated. "From this day forward, we will only leave Wall Rose when we prepare a squad to take back Wall Maria.

"That's right, from this day forward, we'll be devoting all our efforts to taking back Wall Maria. Shiganshina, Trost, Ragako, Dauper, and all the other districts will be taken back," he said, and by then, every recruit was smiling.

"In fact," Erwin said, "tomorrow is our first day. We'll be riding out to Shiganshina and begin taking back everything we own from the Eoten. The rest of this day is yours, but be ready by 6 a.m. tomorrow."

We broke into completely unprofessional cheers, but we started high-fiving and hugging and screaming. Even Erwin was smiling, and Levi had a vague smirk on his face. Hanji had a huge grin as well, excited to see Titans once again.

"You are dismissed!" he yelled, and we ran out.

This was the start of humanity, and where we'd begin. This was our new start.

Dusk came, and our celebrations slowly dimmed as well. Eren and I had left the other troops, and went to the edge of Wall Rose. We sat on top of the Wall, with no one around us, watching the Titans receding into the dark. It was beautiful watching the sky gradually change from blue to pink to orange, from 50 meters up overlooking the plains.

I laid on my back, my head resting on Eren's chest, and his arm around my shoulders.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, watching the sunset.

"That's what I thought. There's nothing prettier," he replied.

I mock gasped. "Not even me?!"

He laughed. "You're an exception."

I giggled, and bundled myself into his side. "I'm so happy I met you all."

"Why?"

My gaze wandered up to his emerald eyes. "It was better than what I was currently living."

We quit talking, and laid on the cold concrete of the Wall. We knew that tomorrow we'd have to leave, to start the RWMP. But for that moment we were enjoying ourselves in each other's company. The sunset deepened, and the orange bleached into a deep crimson that painted the sky.

"Jen?" Eren whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Can you...sing for me?" he asked quietly, like he was scared.

"Why?" I looked up at him.

"Dunno. Just wanted to hear it..." he mumbled sheepishly, and carried on.

"Why do you want to hear me sing so badly? You've asked three times in the past few days."

He looked away. "It's soothing. It really relaxes me."

"Don't be shy," I whispered, and turned his face to me. "On some day, on some special occasion, I'll sing. The most beautiful song you'll ever hear, and it will make angels cry. Only on a special day, okay?" I murmured, and kissed his cheek.

"Okay," he agreed, and glanced back at the sky.

Another hour passed by, and we watched the sky. Every minute it changed again and again, until the crimson bled purple and white specks filled the navy expanse of the sky. It was probably only 9, but it looked a lot darker.

"Jen," Eren whispered again, "what do you think is gonna happen next? I mean, after the RWMP thing. Then what?"

"Eren." It was a statement, not a question. "I've learned throughout this experience, that you don't want to wonder or look ahead. Just live for the moment, and the moment will live for you."