Steve Rogers x Reader; I Must Be Dreaming

It was right after all the bullshit with Tony, and the government wanting to take control of the Avengers. I was happy they weren't fighting anymore, but they were still at a disagreement on what we should do. I'm like Natasha, I'm actually her pupil, but because she's with Tony, I've been training with Steve instead. He's nothing like Natasha.

Whenever I fight with Natasha, it's like fighting a real tiger, she doesn't hold back, no matter what. She actually broke my arm one time. Steve did not give it his all, and because of this, I'm getting no where in my training. I'm gonna talk to him about it at training today.

We both walked into the gym together, and we threw our bags onto the bench. We started with the simple stuff first. Push-up and whatnot. Finally, after 3 hours of exercise, it was time for sparring.

"Steve?"

"Yes (y/n)?"

"Can you please go all out this time? You're so worried about hurting me, that you're holding back, and my training is getting no where like this."

"Absolutely not. I'm nothing like Natasha. I can't purposely hurt you. Besides, my punches are 100x stronger than hers."

"Please." I have him my best pouty face.

"Fine, but if it takes a turn for the worst, were aren't doing it again."

We stood on opposite corners of the ring.

"Begin." He said loudly, his fists coming up in front of his face.

We stalked towards each other, and met in the middle. We began circling around, and I took the first blow.

I twisted my body, and brought my right foot up to his side, kicking his waist. His body bent from the force of the kick. I twisted my upper body, and brought my left fist to his cheek. As he was stumbling, I squatted down and swiped his feet out from underneath him. He fell to the floor with a heavy thud, and I sat on top of his waist, pulling my knife from my thigh strap, and holding it to his neck. I panted heavily, and he looked up at me in surprise.

"Have you been holding back too?"

"Yes, if you are, it wouldn't be fair if I went all out."

"Well, I haven't even started."

With that, he pushed me off of him, and I stumbled backwards. I went to palm him in the gut, but his hand quickly shot up and caught mine, bending it back to my face. I brought my left hand up to jab his wrist, but his other hand caught mine. He turned me around, my back pressing against his chest, and he crossed my arms over each other. Since his grip was tight enough, I kicked off the ground, flipping over his tall frame. I landed on my front side, him on his back. Our faces were inches apart.

"Are you done? This is the second time I've taken you down."

"Are you sure?"

At first, I didn't know what he was talking about, but then I noticed. My hands and feet were bound together, both ropes going up my back and tying into one big knot, I couldn't move or I would fall. I didn't even see him do that!

"That's not even a quarter of my abilities."

"Okay Rogers, there's no need to get cocky."

He stood up, and untied me, my arms falling to my sides in defeat.

"You're good at offense, and escaping. But you need to work on your defense."

"Let's do that next session. I'm getting hungry."

"Want to go get something to eat?"

"Mr. Rogers? Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yes ma'am."

We walked down to the parking garage in silence, and I was walking toward my charger, but Steve continued for his bike.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there Tex, were taking that?"

"Are you scared?"

"Pssh, no. I just wasn't expecting it." I walked up to him without another word and got on after him. I hugged him tightly around the waist, as we drove off to a steakhouse.

After dinner, we traveled back to our base, but we sat next to the small waterfall, listening to the enchanting sounds of nature.

"Do you want to train like that again?"

"Of course I do."

"Why? You know I don't like hurting you."

"Steve, ignore the bruises on my wrists, they're not even that dark."

"But still (y/n), I love you too much to ever hurt you, even if accidental."

"Wait what?" I tore my gaze from the sunset and looked over to him.

"Never mind. It's not important."

"I love you too Cap."

He looked back to me in amazement. He wrapped his hand around my side, and pulled me into his lap. His arms wrapped around my stomach, I leaned back into his chest, his chin resting on top of my head. His fingers interlocking with mine.

"I hope I never wake up." He said, kissing the top of my head, as we sat in silence.