ShikamaruxNeji: Funny Faces

In the two years Neji started dating Shikamaru not once did he think of why Shikamaru said yes. Well.... Maybe it was because he constantly tried to tell him but ended up stuttering too much, throwing the gifts at him and running away. Which wasn't like Neji.

He never had a thing for Neji until during the war, when he was severely injured and Neji watched over him and inevitably carried him to the medical ninja's camp. Which was over two hundred miles away. Let's begin.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neji was with Second Division and basically ran the place. What made Neji the best in the squad was his determination, and abilities. Yes, Hinata had 64 palms as well but hers could only be used on the defensive which in the front rows was useful for staying alive but not killing.  

When push came to shove the squad stumbled hard. Hinata kept all of them together, and Neji kept their hopes up, and kept the soilders from dying pointless deaths.  The Transmission unit sent out a distress signal:

"All available units in the immediate vicinity of the Fourth Division, heaed over immediately. Large hordes of White Zetsu's appeared along with Minato, the Yellow Flash of the Leaf! I repeat.... All....."

The transmission slowly faded out and Neji nodded at the eager faces. The all ran to the location that the Forth Division should be in.  On the way over Neji senses something that shouldn't normally be there..... But he ignored it but kept tabs.

As hi team approached the battle field, war cries could be heard, following there fter the wails of agony and the sound of blood splatter. "Why..... Why can't we save everyone? Why aren't we allowed to?" 

He was forced out of his mind as you heard Hinata was talking, "We all have to form a plan of attack. So Neji could you help try to save as many as possible?" She said with tears threatening to fall. 'As if she was trying to convince herself  we couldn't..'

There wasn't a right way to protect himself from her onslaught of words... Neji pressed on arranging the squad into the most suitable position to surround them, but stay together without getting too far apart.

He heard jutsus being called at what seemed like random, obviously a warrior fighting for their life. You heard aa woosh and saw a flash by the other side of your team and soon the bodies began to fall. "The Yellow Flash of the Leaf..." He mumbled thinking to himself

The yellow blur got closer and closer. Neji needed to think of something.... Quick. For now the only thing he could do was trace his movements, and figure out the next stop for him. He looked around and spotted several kunai that have fallen "randomly".

Neji smiled at the unique pattern he used in this attack. It was written in his journal. The possible patterns he'd use sometime. Sadly he died before he could try any of them. He watched the way the flash moved from each one to the next.

There was a pattern but he had yet to notice it. More than likely, as with all of his patterns one would only find out at the end when he's on you.  Neji poured all of his chakra into his byakugan and sniffed out where he  was.

Left...... Head..... Left..... Legs..... Below...... Left...... Right..... This pattern truly is interesting.

Neji laughed at how simple it was. He was always told he was a simple person.... "Wing it."

He felt him get closer and once he was close, Hinata released her transformation jutsu and as Minato was above him, he had an earth bender push the earth beneath him shoot up , pushing you and Minato into the sky.