Chapter 24

I wake up to the sound of clattering in the kitchen.

Con of super hearing: waking up at the slightest of noises.

I groan and cover my head with my pillow, trying to quieten the noise. It doesn't work so I push myself up into a sitting position. I check the time.

6:48

Stupid stupid super hearing.

No need to be so grumpy.

Yeah yeah. Morning to you to.

I would say good morning but obviously it isn't very good for you.

Well aren't you just a smarty pants.

Smart? Yes. Smarty pants? No. Anyway I'll see you later. Let me know what's happening today.

Will do.

With that, I get up and do my morning routine before going downstairs to find the culprit of the noise.

Mum.

My mum turns when she hears me coming and greets me with a big smile. "Hey. What are you doing up this early?" She's asks.

"I heard noises in the kitchen so I wanted to check out who it was." I say with a shrug.

"Oh, I'm sorry honey. I didn't mean to wake you up ." She apologises.

I wave my hand in a dismissive gesture. "Oh no that's fine." I lean against the counter and ask, "so how was your night with Luke?"

Her face instantly lights up and she grins. "It was great."

"That's good." I say, nodding my head.

"Why are you guys so loud?"

I turn and find Anastasia rubbing her eyes. I walk up to her and pat her shoulder. "You'll be fine." I say teasingly. She swats my arm away and walks back upstairs.

"So what are you doing today?" Mum asks.

"Well me and Anastasia are going to the shops to buy a dress for the ball and then I'll be going for a run with Cameron" I say.

My mum nods

-----

I look through the racks, trying to find a dress.

"I have found the one." Anastasia says while walking towards me. She shows me the dress and I nod my head in agreement.

It's a pretty dress. (Below)

 (Below)