Chapter 31

It had been four days from the day I escaped. I didn't do much during that time. I had hung out with Ruby a couple times but that's about it. She was definitely really nice. Kendrick isn't as cold to me as he was before and is actually nice to me, although we don't go out of our way to speak to each other. I had also learnt that Kendrick and Rosalyn have a son. He is 22 and at college. One more important thing, my senses are so much more better and I'm sure that I would be strong enough to phase any day now. Although, I had to try to hide my super senses and strength from Kendrick and Rosalyn. I had also found out what this town was actually called. Calabas Town. (I had totally made that up)

Today was Friday and both Kendrick and Rosalyn are at work with me watching Lilo and Stitch. I was absolutely in love with this movie.

-----

After I had finished watching Lilo and Stitch, I decided to make dinner. Rosalyn has let me cook a few times by myself and I wanted to surprise both her and Kendrick. I had decided to make pasta. It was simple and easy, perfect for me to cook. I was terrible in the kitchen but this was one of the dishes that I could actually make.

Just as I had finished cooking it, I hear Kendrick walk in. I smile at him in greeting and he responds with a nod. He comes over and looks at my finished product of the pasta. He raises an eyebrow. "You cooked this?" He asks.

I hesitantly nod, not sure how he would respond. He gives the smallest of smiles and says, "smells good." My face instantly splits into a wide grin at his compliment. It was his first ever compliment that he had said to me. "Thanks" I respond, my grin still intact.

-----

"My god, Arianna! This is really good." Rosalyn says.

I smile and say, "thank you."

The three of us were eating the pasta I made for dinner. I was really anxious to know how they both thought it tasted and I was overwhelmed when they both gave compliments, even if it was a really small one.

After we had all finished, me and Rosalyn cleaned up the dishes while Kendrick did some sort of paperwork. I went to go have a shower and then I hopped off to bed. I got comfortable and pull the blankets all the way to my chin.

The nightmares with Melvin had definitely lessened and I thought of him much less as well. Although, I could never forget him, he would always be at the back of mind. Cameron consumed most of my thoughts, not like that's anything new.

After half an hour, I finally fall asleep...

~*~*~*~*~

Hey beautiful people!

I know this is a very short chapter and I am sorry for that. Although I can promise that the next chapter will make up for it, at least I hope it will.  Anyway, sorry for any mistakes and if you were disappointed with it.

Have a great day/night where you are. ❤️😌

- a_lama