1

"Isabella, it's time to get up." The voice sounds distant, more like it is under murky water. "Isabella get up now!! Or you will be late!!"

That made me jump from my sleep, only to come face to face with my mother, who has a stern look on her heart shape wrinkled face. She narrows her hazel eyes at me, causing more crow's feet to form around her eyes.

I look her up and down, noting that she is all dressed for work, in a gray pinstripe pencil skirt and matching jacket, with a white under blouse. She daunts light make-up, while her blonde hair is up in a tight ponytail, which pulls at her almost sagging skin.

I rub at my gray eyes, feeling groggy because I didn't get much sleep last night because I was out partying. "What time is it?"

"Eight-thirteen," she pursed her red lipstick lips.

"Sh*t," I rush to my bathroom, forgetting all about the no swear rule.

The only thing I manage to do is brush my teeth and pink-blonde hair while trying to apply my spray-on deodorant.

'Well, I can always use Febreze.' I thought, spraying on the Febreze Honey Berry Hula over my uniform a few times, followed by my strawberry body splash, then hurry from my room.

"Later!" I shout.

"Make sure to be home early!" I vaguely hear her yell back.

It is a good thing that school is only ten minutes away, even though I have to sprint to get there.

"Holy crap, two minutes to get to class." I slam my locker before dashing to class but still didn't beat the clock.

"So good of you to join us Forbes, what's your excuse this time?" Mrs. Parker, the English teacher scolds, the look on her long face screams annoyance.

"My alarm didn't go off," I tell her.

"Typical of you. Detention after school!" Mrs. Parker bellows.

I was having a hard time paying attention to what is going on in class, I am just too tired to focus on the lesson, plus Mrs. Parker was never a gleeful teacher, to begin with.

The bell finally sounds and I all but sleepwalk to my next class, where my mind is far from the present. I don't even know how I got to walking the halls, for all I know I am hungry, the next thing I know, I am on the cold tiled floor.

"Oh sorry." A gentle voice apologize.

At first, I thought that it is a girl, it was after getting to my feet did I realize that it is a rather handsome boy.

"No, it's my fault, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I almost cringe at the tone of my voice.

"I'm new by the way." He flashes a bright smile.

"Ok, new. I'm Isabella." I joke.

"No, my name is no-." The new kid holds his hands up, failing to explain himself.

"Get away from her!" A voice hollers.

I roll my eyes, already knowing who the voice belongs. My best friend and the most annoying person at NorthShore high, Mason Reid.

"Sorry." The boy apologizes before hurrying off.

I exhale in an exaggerated manner to show my displeasure.

"Don't ever let me see you talking to him again. Ever," Mason demands.

"Really, Mason? He's new."

"So? I don't care, I don't like him.

Before I can get anything else out, two girls make their way over.

″Great, here comes Charlotte and her pets.″ I scoff.