11

I have never felt so alone in my life, Mason was always there for me, there for all that I have been through.

A small part of me hated him but another part missed my best friend.

So that's why I decided to stop by his house after school, whether he was there or not I was going to get to the bottom of all this.

A hand passed a paper to my desk, I looked over at Romaine and he had a smile on his face.

Taking my time to unfold the paper, I read the words.

"Can I get your number?"

I rolled my eyes and was about to write no but then I remembered, I didn't have many friends and there was no more Mason. So I wrote my digits down, then handed it back to him, noticing that his smile got bigger.

After school, while I was walking to the parking lot I heard a bunch of kids talking about a party happening later, at none other than Mason's house, which meant his parents are out of town.

I sighed, thinking about what happened the last time, his parents came home early and they had to pretend that it was a study group. Of course, it didn't work, well this is none of my business now. So Mason can do whatever he wants and have as many parties as he wants.

Even though I will be there later, just to enjoy myself and maybe even try to talk to him.

So that night, even though it was a school night I got dressed in the shortest shorts I had, a crap top and a pair of sneakers. Then climbed out my window and ran to the neighbour's house, using their back gate to get to the other street.

I walked to the end of the avenue then turned right, I could see the mansion at the end that Mason lived in.

I still didn't understand why he was like this, he has everything that he could have wanted but yet he doesn't seem to care.

I took a deep breath and proceed to the house that belonged to my once best friend, I didn't know what the outcome would be but I was in high hopes of getting my best friend back.

The moment I entered the house I was greeted with loud music. The smell of weed smoke mixed with vomit was in the air, kids and even a few adults were grinding on each other.

I forced my way through the crowd, where people grabbed at my ass.

I ignored it all in search of Mason.

I knew that he could only be in one place but before I could get there Charlotte and her friend or more like, lap dog, Peyton stepped before me.

Charlotte took a long drag from the Remy Martini bottle that was in her hand, then passed it to Peyton who did the same.

"What are you doing here?" Charlotte folded her arms across her cosmetic enhanced chest and Peyton did the same with a nod of her head, I rolled my eyes.

"It's a party, isn't it?" I tried to push past the two, it was like they were glued together.

"Well you are not welcomed here anymore," Charlotte gave me a smile.

I let out a laugh, "said by who? I bet that if Mr. and Mrs. Reid knew that a little whore like you, was present in their house it would be diminished in a second."

I smiled, glad to see that my little insult did a little damage, I took that opportunity to walk around the duo but my victory was short-lived when someone grabbed my wrist. I cried out when nails dug into my flesh, I faced Charlotte with watery eyes, who had a nasty smirk on her face.

"Let go Charlotte," I let out.

The only thing she did was squeezed my hand harder.

"One last time to let go," I said between teeth.

Charlotte only smiled, I nod my head and matched Charlotte's smile.

I got a hold of her wrist by twisting my own which in turn caused Charlotte's nails to cut me, I yanked Charlotte forward with such force that she stumbled and lose her footing. I then slapped her three times across the face, the fourth and last time I used the back of my hand, the force caused Charlotte's nose to bleed.

"Omg! Omg! Omg!" Peyton stood there screeching, she had her hand close to her face and it was evident she was trying to hide a smile.

When Charlotte recovered from the blow she punched me in the eye, I return a blow of my own by using the heel of my palm to hit Charlotte on the nose, causing more blood to flow. I was about to hit her again but instead, Mason stepped in the way. I tried to pull back but it was too late and my hand hit him on the chin.

The corners of Mason's mouth turned down and he gave me a dark look, he grabbed a fist full of my hair, then grabbed me roughly under my chin.

I struggled to get out of his vice-like grip but couldn't.

The next I knew Mason's head swang to the right, this caused his hold on me to loosen.

"Are you ok?" Romaine's face swam into my vision.

I gave a slow nod then cried out when Mason kicked Romaine in the back but he recovered quickly, twisted around and punched Mason in the stomach, before Mason could get his bearings Romaine tackled him. He lifted Mason off the floor with ease and slammed him down on a nearby table.

I was the one to pull Romaine away when he was about to punch Mason in his already bleeding face.

Mason rolled off the table and stumbled to his feet, "get the fuck out of my house!" He yelled.

I tried to say I was sorry but he turned away from me, in return Charlotte gave me a nasty look, mouthing the words this isn't over then drank from her bottle.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, when I opened them again Mason was sneering at me.

"You're still here?'' He pushed me roughly.

Once again Romaine stepped between us.

"This is not your fight punk!" Mason spat.

Romaine crossed his arms over his muscular chest, "it was my fight from the moment you put your bitch-ass hands on a girl, only a pussy would do that."

Mason backed down at that and Romaine pulled me away and out of the house.

"Thanks.''

Romaine only looked down at me but said nothing.

I took the long way home so that I could think and clear my head.

Romaine took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders, I smiled my thanks to him and took a deep breath drinking in his cologne.

"And Isabella, don't ever wear those clothes again." He said.

I scoffed, "how did you even know I was at that party."

Romaine laughed, "I saw you the moment you entered through the door and couldn't take my eyes off you."

"Oh,'' was my only reply.