12

The next day everyone was talking about the fight and I had to wear makeup to hide my black eye from peering eyes but mostly from her father, my right eye hurt like hell which made me mad at myself for letting Charlotte smack me.

I stuffed books in my locker roughly, still not believing what had happened last night. Mason had never tried to hit me before but more importantly, I wanted to know why he is defending someone like Charlotte.

The moment I turned around, I walked right into someone, before I could apologize or make a move I was roughly pushed back onto my locker. I blinked my eyes rapidly at the sudden rush, trying to see the perpetrator clearly.

"Why are you talking to that little fuck?" Mason sneered.

I turned my face away as his close proximity was making me uncomfortable.

"Can you move!" I tried to push him away but he stood his ground.

"Fucking answer me!" Mason slammed his hands against the lockers above my head.

I laughed in his face, then found a small opening and slipped out under his left arm. "Just think about it, you are with that bitch now and I replaced you. Oh, and just so you know he's alot better you."

As I walked away everyone in the hallway turned to look at me, which I ignored their looks and walked to my first class. How dear he? I kicked at a trash can along the way, he ditched me for that white, act like he doesn't know me and almost beat me up, he has no right to question me.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize that I walked right into Romine.

"Isabella?'' His frame towering over her.

I sucked in a breath as I looked over his muscular physique, I knew that he looked good but not this hot.

I opened my mouth to speak but was lost for words. Instead, I stood at the door gaping like a fish.

"How's the eye?" Romaine asked, the corners of his mouth curving up as he took in my reaction.

He had purposely worn a tight V-neck grey shirt so that his muscles were straining against the material.

"My eye?" I had to drag my eyes from Romain's upper body to his eyes, which seems extra bright. "Umm...it's fine, nothing a little makeup can't hide." I forced a smile.

I didn't understand why Romaine cared about me so much, or why he was affecting me like this.

"Umm what are you doing Saturday, we can go get some pizza if you like." I rushed out.

Holy carp do I just ask him out? I felt like hitting myself, I had never done a thing like that before. Boys were always the ones to ask me out and I would always refuse. Why did I just do that, what if he has a girlfriend or doesn't like me?

"I-- you don't--"

"I would love to," Romaine smiled, then walked off and took his seat just as the bell rang.

I stood there shocked at my own actions then slowly made my way to the back and took a seat. What I had just done was playing over and over in my head, so much that I didn't realize that the teacher was in the room until my name was being called.

Romaine sneaked a look back at me from under his arm. There was a smile lingering on his face and his eyes were twinkling.

I felt breathless and again the teacher was calling my name.

"Care to tell us the answer."

Everyone turned to look at me now.

"Umm-- the Sun." I let out and everyone started to laugh.

"Detention, for not paying attention."

I groaned and hit my head on the desk, why can't I just get a break?

I paid little to no attention in class, my mind would either drift to Mason and Charlotte or to Romaine, who would look back at me every now and then.

When the bell rang I was more than happy to bolt from the room, only to stumble into Savannah.

I thought there was going to be an argument but instead, she gave me a smile. "Hey, Isabella."

I raised a brow at her out of confusion and shock.

"I know that we aren't the best of friends but I have something to tell you," Savannah convey, then looked around.

I stepped aside to let someone pass.

"Which is?" I folded my arms across my chest, ready for a fight and knew not to believe anything that came out of her mouth.

Savannah stepped closer to me and whispered words that I never expected in a million years, it felt like my world was crashing down, my mind and head were snipping.

"Holy fuck."

Savannah nodded, "I know that I'm not the best person in the world and we have our differences but I'm not lying."

My mouth was hanging open from this intel, it was like a slap or cold water to the face.

"Well, I should get to class." Savannah did a hair flip and walked away.

I didn't know what to believe, what if it's a trick? Yet at the same time, deep down I believed Savannah's words.

I mean, why else would Mason be hanging around Charlotte so much?

I placed a hand on my forehead feeling a bit faint, this can't possible be happening.

I tried to pull myself together as best as I could and hurried to my next class, which I had with Mason. I was planning to confront him again but I already knew that the outcome, I knew that it wouldn't be so good.

I sat at the back, trying my best not to turn and look at Mason, as much as I wanted to ask him if it was true, I had to keep away from him. Even though I knew that I had lost my best friend forever.