Ch.1|| Welcome Aboard

|A lot of stuff goes down right in the first two chapter and then sort of meddles for a little bit after this one so you have been warned|

"Good morning and welcome to your fifth and final day aboard the..."

She heard the t.v. from the other side of the room and woke up with a groan

Was it true?
Has it really been five days since she left?

Since her entire life changed?

Well, changed again.
If anyone has been through a lot of change, it would be Emma.

Finally up on her feet Emma went to turn the volume up on the cruise ship broadcast.

"...our final day sailing home cera-"

"Final day?"

She turned to the tv puzzled.

"How can it be the final day?" she wondered.
Emma had just boarded three days ago. At least she thought.

She went to go check to see if the cleaning service left today's itinerary at her door.

It read day 5:

A five day cruise and no memory of the last few days.

Did she drink the last few days away?

She knew she couldn't have. Not now. Not with her situation.

Something was off.

She went to her cabin bathroom to brush her hair into a ponytail.

Her wrist was just barley visible to her as she twisted her hair into the ponytail.

She noticed the lavender ribbon tattoo she had on her wrist for the first time since she got on the cruise. Since she left her quiet home in Vancouver.

It brought her back to reality as she finished tying her hair tie and she remembered everything. Remembered the pain.

Emma scurried out the door to go check things out for herself,
almost forgetting her favorite bright red leather jacket.

She grabbed it quickly with the rest of her luggage and was on her way.

---

The elevator was closing as she wedged her way in before it could leave without her.

For some reason she wanted to go to the pool patio and look at the view of the ocean from there.

She pressed floor 16.

She went to the quietest spot on the deck where she saw nothing and no one near but the water and the hot sun beating down.

The water was calming to Emma.
Helped her clear her mind.
To be lost in thought.

She thought about it all.

Her home.
Her old life.
Her friends. Friend.

For a second she almost missed it.

She wondered what might have been if she stayed.

She knew she could never have done so.
She knew there was no turning back.
She also knew what drove her away in the first place.

None of it was easy.

She knew an 18 year old girl on a cruise all alone no telling where she'd end up, no family, no destination, was not ordinary for someone to do.

She thought about how she had abandoned what now her old life almost a week ago and how that same past still seemed to haunt her.
To still have a hold on her.
Stronger than before.

Suddenly she didn't want to be here enjoying the fresh air anymore and she got ready to gather her things and head down to her cabin to make sure she didn't forget anything before the boat docked later that day.

---

She was still up in her head thinking about what would come next in her life until someone bumped into her and her belongings fell.

"Here let me get that for you mate." she heard a calm deep voice say as she bent down to pick up her stuff.

They reached for her duffle bag at the same time and their hands touched on accident.

"It's okay I was ju-" she was about to apologize for bumping into him.

They got a good glance at each other as they stood up again.

He interrupted her apology as they both got back on their feet

"Aye, Emma?" he said as if they already met.

It felt good to hear him say her name.
She didn't know why.

"Have we met before?" she asked in hope yet at the same time confusion.

She had a vague memory of being pushed by a crowed of boarding passengers into someone that may have looked like him when she first got on.

Maybe it was him she wondered.

"You don't remember me from the other day, love?" he asked sounding equally puzzled.

Suddenly, she remembered the missing pieces of the cruise.

|First chapter had lots of action, hope you all enjoyed!

Plz tell me what you think and any comments or concerns.

~xoxo|