1

It was a tiring trip, to be honest. There were so many places we went, back and forth for luggage and whatnot. But I was finally back from the school trip. ((My school actually does this, it takes kids to countries around the world at the end of the year, is that weird? I'd like to hear your thoughts in the comments! Or whether your school does this too!)) I gave a big stretch, popping my arms and back, as I walked into the comfortably familiar museum. If someone had told me years ago that I'd end up spending practically every night in an old museum I'd have laughed in their face, yet here I was. I smiled as I saw Larry round the corner, telling me that it was almost time for things to get going. As his eyes landed on me, standing beside the big help desk, a wide grin spread across his face.

"Emma!"

I gave a wave as he jogged over to stand beside me before he slapped a friendly hand onto my shoulder.

"It's good to have you back. Ahk's been really looking forward to it, obviously."

I smiled, a slight blush upon my face, as my shoes suddenly became very interesting.

"No doubt."

"So how was it? You learn anything new?

I shrugged a little, a reminiscent look upon my face now.

"Nothing he hasn't told me, really, but the sights were great. It was pretty fun. Probably going to be my last trip though."

"What?! Why?"

"We kept having to go back and forth for people's luggage. And someone ended up getting lost. And I'm pretty sure someone broke something in one of the showing's at the museum we went to."

He grimaced.

"Yeah, that doesn't sound too good."

I laughed and shook my head before picking up my bag once the sun started to set.

"Not really. Anyways, it was nice talking but I think I'm gonna go ahead and head that way before he comes looking for me."

He laughed.

"Good idea."

¥

It wasn't very long until everything started to come to life after I had made myself comfortable in Ahkmenrah's tomb. Well as 'tomb' as you could get in a museum. I sat on the floor, sketching out one of Ahk's guards as the lid to his sarcophagus started to slide open. Putting my notebook to the side, I rushed over to help him slide it over enough so he could climb out. A smile graced his lips as he sat up, making butterflies go crazy in my stomach.

"Emma."

I smiled in return, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Ahkmenrah."

I know most called him 'Ahk' for simplicity purposes, but if I was speaking to him like this, I preferred to say his full name. I loved the way it felt on my lips, it seemed he liked it as well considering how his smile widened.

"So? How was your trip? Did you like it?"

I laughed before stepping back to give him enough room to get out of his sarcophagus, helping him along the way.

"Egypt was great. The people, however..."

He nodded. I didn't feel like reiterating everything I told Larry but I wanted Ahk to know that I hadn't been disappointed with his home. I smiled as I stepped forward, placing my hands on his biceps before leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"I loved being there. Next time I go, though, it will probably be without half my school."

"You'd go again?"

There was a hopeful gleam in his eyes before I nodded, hope turning into pure glee. He grinned as his arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me into the air, making me squeal.

"Ahkmenrah!"

He laid a firm but sweet kiss against my lips, the smile never leaving his face.

"It gladdens my heart to hear you say that. That you love my country so."

I smiled back at him, landing a quick peck on his nose as my feet met the ground again.

"I know. But as much as I love your home, you should know something..."

For a small moment the smile moved to drop from his face.

"What is wrong?"

I shook my head.

"Nothing."

Another kiss founds its way to the corner of his lips.

"I only wanted to say that I loved you more."

He actually sighed in relief, the smile coming back as his lips found mine again.

"And I love you."

And again.

"But as much as I love my home, do not leave me again."

His forehead touched mine as a soft laugh left my lips before I gave him a mocking smirk and grabbed his upper arms to bring him closer, if possible.

"Could the great Pharaoh not handle being alone for a week?"

He laughed before settling his face in the crook of my neck, leaving a trail of kisses as his hands wondered along from my waist to my back, underneath the fabric of my shirt, making me shiver.

"Not even a day. Not away from you."